Apparently he likes jail too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Man convicted of killing three refuses to accept offer to vacate his sentence.

Original thread.

A Minnesota man convicted in a deadly 2006 Toyota crash will soon learn whether he gets a new trial.

Koua Fong Lee is requesting a new trial in the wake of Toyota Corp.'s issues with sudden unintended acceleration in newer-model cars -- even though Lee's 1996 Camry was never recalled.

Attorneys wrapped up closing arguments Thursday, and Judge Joanne Smith is expected to rule later Thursday on whether to grant Lee a new trial.

Earlier, Lee rejected a prosecutor's offer to vacate his sentence, saying he wants to prove his innocence.

Defense attorneys argued that Lee's original defender was ineffective and failed to explore the possibility of unintended acceleration.

Prosecutor Mark Lystig said Lee was driving too fast and was unfamiliar with the car when the crash occurred, ultimately killing three people.

I just don't know what to saw. Maybe he enjoys the surprise buttsecks too much or something.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
maybe he realizes in this economy he won't get a job... has no place to live....
and would rather stay in jail... free room and board... and 3 squares a day.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Because he'd still have a felony on his record.

Edit: Current employee with a "misdemeanor forgery no money taken" conviction is finding it impossible to find a full time job. Management at her old job told the employees to sign "Joe's" name if he wasn't in. Wrong.

Edit2: I might be inclined to take the offer. Orange jump suits make me look fat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.