Apparently Bernie Sanders is sexist

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTFOff

Golden Member
Oct 3, 2013
giphy.gif

Yes, that's it. Pull the misogynist card.

Democratic infighting? :awe:

Good god. This is almost as cringe worthy as Ann Romney's "I love you women!" vomit.

COOPER: Secretary Clinton, is Bernie Sanders tough enough on guns?

CLINTON: No, not at all. I think that we have to look at the fact that we lose 90 people a day from gun violence. This has gone on too long, and it's time the entire country stood up against the NRA. The majority of our country...

(APPLAUSE)

... supports background checks, and even the majority of gun owners do.
Senator Sanders did vote five times against the Brady bill. Since it was passed, more than 2 million prohibited purchases have been prevented. He also did vote, as he said, for this immunity provision. I voted against it. I was in the Senate at the same time. It wasn't that complicated to me. It was pretty straightforward to me that he was going to give immunity to the only industry in America. Everybody else has to be accountable, but not the gun manufacturers. And we need to stand up and say: Enough of that. We're not going to let it continue.

(APPLAUSE)

COOPER: We're going to bring you all in on this. But, Senator Sanders, you have to give a response.

SANDERS: As a senator from a rural state, what I can tell Secretary Clinton, that all the shouting in the world is not going to do what I would hope all of us want, and that is keep guns out of the hands of people who should not have those guns and end this horrible violence that we are seeing.
http://www.npr.org/2015/11/01/453663625/is-it-fair-to-accuse-bernie-sanders-of-sexism

Sanders has been fending off suggestions of sexism from Clinton boosters since late last week, when Clinton took issue with one of Sanders’s comments on gun control from the first Democratic debate in Las Vegas. Sanders said that he favors sensible solutions to reduce violence but told Clinton that “all the shouting in the world is not going to do what I hope all of us want.”

At a women’s leadership forum hosted Friday by the Democratic National Committee in Washington, Clinton pledged to push for more gun control, and then added: “I’ve been told to stop shouting about guns. Actually I haven’t been shouting, but sometimes when a woman talks, some people think it’s shouting.”

Sanders told reporters that his call to move beyond shouting on gun control by advocates on both sides began long before the Democratic debate.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ic-presidential-race-has-become-too-personal/

Status
Not open for further replies.