Aperion Audio...DISCUSS

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I run whenever I hear something referred to as Audiophile grade.
You have to listen to speakers in a room as close as your intended room as possible. Before I propped down C$6900(inc tax) for my 5 speakers, I spent 4 sessions of 2 hours each over 1 month to make sure they are the ones I want. Not counting the other listening I did before I decided on them.

CellarDoor

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2004
I've heard from several people that their subs are very nice. I have no idea about the speakers though.

RollWave

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
Buy them. You can return them for free. I had their 632 bookshelf speaks for a time. They look amazing and sound good if you have a decent amp.

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
"Audiophile grade" = hmm....

In any case, it all depends on what your needs are. What you want from the speaker. Other brands to consider are Onix (av123.com), ACI (audioc.com), and even going to a real dealer to check out dealer offerings like Paradigm, B&W, NHT, Dali, and others.

RollWave

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
Personally if I were going to spend more money on speaks I'd look to the used market and snag up some Polk LSi speakers. Of all the different brands I bought/listened to I'll always remember that tweeter as being a cut above most! So sweet. Vifa Ring Radiating Tweeter FTW ;)

RollWave

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Tiamat

In any case, it all depends on what your needs are. What you want from the speaker. Other brands to consider are Onix (av123.com), ACI (audioc.com), and even going to a real dealer to check out dealer offerings like Paradigm, B&W, NHT, Dali, and others.

Onix speaks are great but unless you buy them on a special or used you really lose a LOT of money on resale.

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
Originally posted by: rnp614
Originally posted by: Tiamat

Onix speaks are great but unless you buy them on a special or used you really lose a LOT of money on resale.

They do offer risk-free purchases on bookshelf speakers now though. A pair of Ref1 or RS250 would be an option to audition and of course include Vifa :p

MikeSci457DC

Aug 24, 2005
Thanks guys

audiophile always sounds bit over the top to me...I'm just looking for nice midrange speakers to form the core of a future home theater setup.

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
Originally posted by: MikeSci457DC
Thanks guys

audiophile always sounds bit over the top to me...I'm just looking for nice midrange speakers to form the core of a future home theater setup.

Have you gotten a chance to go out and listen to some retail options in person? It will give you a better idea of the kind of sound you like.

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006
One of my best friends works for aperion, and those guys are nuts about audio. Many of them are professional musicians, all of them are total sound nerds. If you live near Portland you can go into the store and demo anything you want in their sound stages. This friend of mine has been passionate about audio for over a decade, and has been with them for about two years. He really thinks that have great products, prices, and customer service. In other words, not being an audiophile myself, I would recommend them highly based on what I've witnessed and heard.

ethebubbeth

Golden Member
May 2, 2003
My friend has an Asperion 7 speaker setup for his HT.

He has two floorstanding fronts (they each have a powered subwoofer built in), center, and four dipole surrounds.

No free-standing sub.

It is all hooked up to a Denon 4306.

There is certainly plenty of punch there when necessary, and the soundstage for the most part is excellent.

However, I do not hear a lot of the detail that I get in my system, particularly in the high range.

My setup is based on the Klipsch RF-3 line and I do tend to have a bias toward horn loaded speakers, so it could be that I just prefer the timbre of my own setup.

The other thing I will comment on is their warranty. The powered sub in one of the front speakers died shortly after he received the system. They immediately shipped him a replacement to put in himself at no charge.

The warranty was something ridiculous like 10 years as well.

TBone48

Platinum Member
Feb 23, 2005
You could do a search at avs forums.

I bought Aperions for my surrounds and really like them. They are nicely finished and sound great (to me). Their return policy is as hassle-free as you can ask for, you really have nothing to lose by trying a pair at home.

AperionGuru

Mar 8, 2007
Hey All,

I'm an Aperion rep. First off, we have a hard policy against adverposting in any forum anywhere- so don't worry about catching any of that off of me. I'm just here to chat speakers and add my 2 cents.

We use the term audiophile grade because using the term audiophile on its own tends to drum up its own set of negative connotations. Fact is, we are a bunch of audio geeks with a long history in home and professional audio and we just love this stuff. We're here to have fun and spread that on to others.

Any more info than that will come off as an adverpost, but I'm happy to answer any direct questions that you have and, if it isn't specific to this forum topic, then you can shoot an email to our customer service department and we can take care of it there.

Also.. I have questions for you guys about high end multichannel audio systems designed for easy integration with PCs.. We're thinking digital amps, built in decoders. I may have some questions for ya'll as well.:)

Just wanted to let you know we're here. Cheers.

Caleb