AP declares Clinton winner of Democratic primary

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
The superdelegates havent voted yet. How can Hilly be nominee already? Maybe AP meant to say - likely to become the nominee.

Because the AP polls them. The probably ask if they are committed to Hillary or not. Ask if there a possibility they would be persuaded to switch over to Bernie and so on.

It's really that simple.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Good morning,

Let's see how today plays out without counting super-delegates, who are not supposed to pledge until the convention. And, yes I do think there will be massive rallies in both Philly and Cleveland this year. The political revolution has just gotten started and there are those who will pick up the ball and refuse to accept further disenfranchisement.

Haven't voted yet but the AP thing convinced me to vote for Clinton. Their call destroyed all hope. It's over. Clinton is going to win no matter what California does. It's hopeless so I'm going to at least get the satisfaction of voting for a winner.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Because the AP polls them. The probably ask if they are committed to Hillary or not. Ask if there a possibility they would be persuaded to switch over to Bernie and so on.

It's really that simple.

yeah, it's not like the SD's have shown much volitility this year.

compared to 2008 where there was a slow trickle of Clinton super delegates defecting to Obama, only a single SD has flipped this year and it was one of Bernie's changing to Hillary.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

It's really that simple.

Yup they just needed one vote to clinch it for Clinton and they magically got it. No real reason now for Sanders people to go to the polls. Or they can just face the facts like I am and vote for the winner. This reminds ne of how Bush won by one vote. One vote like dominoes.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Yup they just needed one vote to clinch it for Clinton and they magically got it. No real reason now for Sanders people to go to the polls. Or they can just face the facts like I am and vote for the winner. This reminds ne of how Bush won by one vote. One vote like dominoes.

Hillary needs a significant win in CA to tamp down this idea of momentum.

That last thing she wanted was this announcement. She needs her people to show up.

You guys really need to get out of this conspiracy head set.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Hillary needs a significant win in CA to tamp down this idea of momentum.

That last thing she wanted was this announcement. She needs her people to show up.

You guys really need to get out of this conspiracy head set.

The big question which we may learn later tonight is, which group's votes were depressed more as a result of the announcement? Hilary's voters? Or Bernie's voters?