Aopen GF4 ti4200 or MSI GF4 ti4200 ???

n0e5cape

Jun 24, 2002
Hey guys... I have no idea whether to get a MSI or Aopen card.
Does anyone know if there is a big difference between them or whether one card overclocks better than another?
Which maker is generally better?

Thanks for any answers.

Sleater

Feb 16, 2001
Are you thinking of the 64 meg card or the 128 meg card?

I haven't seen any reviews of either card in the 128 meg variety....but I've seen some write-ups of the 64 meg MSI card and it looks like a great overclocker. Most people seem to be nailing 300/600+ with the MSI which is a nice 20% overclock of both core and mem.

The MSI card also has a really good software bundle including the full versions of No One Lives Forever, Sacrifice, and Aquanox.

If you've never played NOLF I'd recommend the MSI card for that game alone.

I think when it comes right down to it, all of the Ti4200s are very similar to one-another and, since there's never a guarantee with overclocking, your decision should come down to price, software bundle, and extra features.

Mavrick007

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2001
I would say the MSI card as well considering it seems to be the best bang for the buck with a solid card, utilities, good for overclocking and comes with a very large assortment of games.

n0e5cape

Jun 24, 2002
Thanks for your advice guys

I think I will stick w/ the MSI card then

I am talking about the 128 meg version. I do what a gainward card, but I can't seem to find a place that has one nearby.

The MSI is cheaper than the Aopen card by a little bit, I think i will stick with the MSI card.

ASK THE COMMUNITY