AOL users.. HELP required

Oct 9, 1999
My bosses wife is going to argentina and is leaving on saturday.
I have AOL 4.0 in there, but it doesnt have the access number for argentina.
So I plan to upgrade to 5.0 or maybe 6.0
Anyway my question is:

1. If I upgrade will it remember my password
2. How do I change the password, since I believe my boss (who once owned the laptop probably doesnt remember it).
3. I just heard she is going to be in argentina and he in China, will aol allow people accessing simultaniously or from two different places one after an another?

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It will remember your screen names and passwords when you upgrade. It is a good idea though to copy the aol organize folder to a floppy. The organize folder has all of that information stored in it. You can wipe AOL and copy that folder to the new installation and it will have your info in the new installation.

Password, sign on and goto keyword password.

I have done that from AOL4 to AOL5. I havn't tried it on AOL6, trying to wean the wife and kids off of AOL before going to 6.

RichieZ

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2000
Well I haven't had AoHell for about a year now but I do remember it. So here goes:

1) Yes
2) i think keyword password? Or member services. Something like that
3) No

LONG LIVE BROADBAND!

Oct 9, 1999
thanks guys, I will try that.
What about accessing one after another. One would be in China and the other in Argentina, so access requirements are pretty much required.. or I would be getting a call at midnight on why so and so cant connect.

RichieZ

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2000
sure u can connect one after another, and if u try and sign on at the same time it will give u a message that your account is already online and u can't have two and the same time.

Let me just calarify this: only one screen name can be on at any time.

Oct 9, 1999
that is what I wanted to know, since with earthlink I have many a time connected with my home machine connected too.