AOC tweets complaints about the GOP having an old male party member posing with a cardboard cut out of her. Only problem is the guy is a Democrat.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Reactions: IJTSSG

IJTSSG

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2014
What is up with her? She has very poor reading comprehension and shoots right to identity politics. Another example of a leftist being the real bigot. Do they see anything in terms other than demographics to whine about? John Yarmuth is a Democrat and Chair of the House Budget Committee... you'd think she'd know who he is.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ocasio-cortez-cutout-gop-democrat

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/apr/25/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-deletes-tweet-mistaking-d/

She just isn't very smart.

IJTSSG

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2014
She should have double checked, but at least she's smart enough to correct her errors.
She should be smart enough to keep her mouth shut. Amazon, 22nd amendment, unemployment, green new deal, the list of stupid goes on.

It's no wonder conservative media has her front and center. It's, quite literally, a no-brainer.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
She should be smart enough to keep her mouth shut. Amazon, 22nd amendment, unemployment, green new deal, the list of stupid goes on.

It's no wonder conservative media has her front and center. It's, quite literally, a no-brainer.

She has much to learn but I believe she realizes her father wasn't born in Germany. I could produce a list of Trump's no-brainer moments that can't be beat but you already know that. She is also intelligent enough to put the environment in proper priority while others clamor for a wall.

I'm not a 100% fan of everything she says, however, I recognize her value for Reps and for real issues like warming.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
She has much to learn but I believe she realizes her father wasn't born in Germany. I could produce a list of Trump's no-brainer moments that can't be beat but you already know that. She is also intelligent enough to put the environment in proper priority while others clamor for a wall.

I'm not a 100% fan of everything she says, however, I recognize her value for Reps and for real issues like warming.

My issue with her, much more than the ignorant things she's said, is the rush to complain about "old male" members. It is always a demographic thing with the left, that is all they see. I truly see people as people, no one is better or worse than anyone else, it is odd to me how the left only sees things in terms of victim containers and demographics while they claim to be the anti-bigots.

Reactions: Phynaz and Greenman

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

Trump is wrong or lies about virtually everything and this is the hill conservatives want to die on?

She makes mistakes but she's young and a freshmen house member to boot. Honestly from what I see of congress she's probably above average in base intelligence.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
She should have double checked, but at least she's smart enough to correct her errors.

The bolded text is the problem. She's so zealous about her identity politics, that she doesn't think. She's nothing but a stupid sock-puppet. But she has a D after her name, so it's all good. If anyone with an R after their name did this, this thread would be 10+ pages by now with the usual ATPN libs jerking themselves off mocking the person. And if a non lib pointed out that said person corrected their mistake, the libs would ridicule them all the more that if they hadn't been so stupid they wouldn't have needed to make the correction.

This is why political discussion these days is pointless.

Reactions: Phynaz

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Trump is wrong or lies about virtually everything and this is the hill conservatives want to die on?

She makes mistakes but she's young and a freshmen house member to boot. Honestly from what I see of congress she's probably above average in base intelligence.

Why is everything a "but Trump" and hill to die on, I've seen the latter mentioned several times over around here. How about it isn't a hill to die on, but she said something stupid here and jumped right to identity politics. That's it, no more, no less.

Reactions: Phynaz

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009

People rise and fall on their own merits. Trump is who he is. So is AOC. Her stupidity is completely independent of Trump's. She's in her late 20s iirc. She should be starting to realize that she doesn't know everything and should realize that she's not that bright. She has little ability in the area of self awareness. Maybe she should look at Trump as an object lesson to not just shoot her mouth off.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Why is everything a "but Trump" and hill to die on, I've seen the latter mentioned several times over around here. How about it isn't a hill to die on, but she said something stupid here and jumped right to identity politics. That's it, no more, no less.

You think identity plays no role in politics?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
People rise and fall on their own merits. Trump is who he is. So is AOC. Her stupidity is completely independent of Trump's. She's in her late 20s iirc. She should be starting to realize that she doesn't know everything and should realize that she's not that bright. She has little ability in the area of self awareness. Maybe she should look at Trump as an object lesson to not just shoot her mouth off.

Generationally I notice a trend where the errors/lies/omissions of more senior people are excused while the same generosity is not extended to millennials/gen z. I do not feel compelled to entertain that as a reasonable condition.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Oh look, more concern trolling with a side subtext of false equivalency. Starting to wonder if this fella gets paid to keep P&N going.

Reactions: Victorian Gray

IJTSSG

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2014
TDS

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

She appears smart enough. The best thing the Dems could do is give her staffers a lot of training because I don't think she made that cut out herself. She may be young but also passionate, something most of us fossils aren't and that means she's to be feared. She represents the "not status quo" and gaffes are worth that within limits she hasn't broken yet. We have too many cynics without solutions or even care to have any. Besides, I don't see anyone else in Congress who has the measure of the environmental crisis that we face.

Reactions: Victorian Gray

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
It doesn't matter what she posts as long as she posts. She benefits from it no matter what. The more controversial the better. It has worked the same for our president so far.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The bolded text is the problem. She's so zealous about her identity politics, that she doesn't think. She's nothing but a stupid sock-puppet. But she has a D after her name, so it's all good. If anyone with an R after their name did this, this thread would be 10+ pages by now with the usual ATPN libs jerking themselves off mocking the person. And if a non lib pointed out that said person corrected their mistake, the libs would ridicule them all the more that if they hadn't been so stupid they wouldn't have needed to make the correction.

This is why political discussion these days is pointless.
No it isn't all good because she has a D after her name. I've called her out before for exaggerating and I'll call her out again here. Dems have a hard enough time clearing the impossible hurdles America sets for them that somehow do not apply to Republicans at all without doing stupid shit like this. The GOP is going to manufacture all kinds of fake shit to attack her and other Dems with so it is imperative not to hand them actual examples of legitimate stupidity to add to their arsenal. That will only lend more legitimacy to all their other fake news.

However, that doesn't mean we aren't going to laugh at non-Democrats such as yourself that have the audacity to think you have any moral high ground to stand on. For every example like this there are thousands of examples of Trump doing something way worse and thousands more examples of other GOP politicians doing way worse. We will police our own, thank you very much. You can go ahead and fuck right off.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
If this woman is "not that bright", "stupid" etc. why is conservative media and their viewers obsessed with everything she says. She should be an outlier. A nobody - insignificant. Shes a first term democrat with no seniority. They are attempting to project her shortcomings, gaffs, politics on the Dem party as a whole. It's an easy to see con game. They wouldn't pay nearly as much attention if she came in to learn quietly and "kept her mouth shut".

Also. A lot of 60 something year old white men want to fuck her and they know she finds them disgusting both physically and morally.

I don't agree with her politics, but she's unapologetic in her ideology. She's not "stupid". She doesn't give up before the fight starts or beg for consensus. She just puts forth her ideas. It's drives the wingnuts crazy. It's amusing to watch

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

Dude, the guy is instructing people to ignore the legit power of Congress and the law as well as thinking that somewhere in the Constitution is a clause that says if a President doesn't like impeachment he can sue in court and I shouldn't need to but can quote that document and I know what it says, apparently better than Trump. You may say "TDS" but I'm citing the Constitution on this matter which last I looked didn't take partisans into account. Congress doesn't have the balls but it can and has had people arrested and imprisoned for contempt on its own authority for up to 12 months. There's a little holding cell that's been used before. I've had issues with the implied power excuses which have been used by other Presidents in my lifetime but holy hell, denying the law with no legal justification because one holds power?

Maybe you need some "TDS" if you find excuses for this behavior. I didn't with "fast and furious" and I sure as hell am not about to start now.

IJTSSG

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2014
Dude, the guy is instructing people to ignore the legit power of Congress and the law as well as thinking that somewhere in the Constitution is a clause that says if a President doesn't like impeachment he can sue in court and I shouldn't need to but can quote that document and I know what it says, apparently better than Trump. You may say "TDS" but I'm citing the Constitution on this matter which last I looked didn't take partisans into account. Congress doesn't have the balls but it can and has had people arrested and imprisoned for contempt on its own authority for up to 12 months. There's a little holding cell that's been used before. I've had issues with the implied power excuses which have been used by other Presidents in my lifetime but holy hell, denying the law with no legal justification because one holds power?

Maybe you need some "TDS" if you find excuses for this behavior. I didn't with "fast and furious" and I sure as hell am not about to start now.
Thanks for making my point. LoL.