Anyway to fix backlight bleed?

zod96

Platinum Member
May 28, 2007
My new monitor Acer 27 inch is very nice. No dead or stuck pixels colors are pretty good once I used the spyder3 to calibrate it. Only thing is it has some backlight bleed on the bottom not alot but some. Is their anyway to fix backlight bleed? Like turning down the brightness or contrast etc...

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Yes, Brightness helps. Contrast might help too, but I'm no expert. Try different Presets as well.

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
Not helping.

I am serious; this isn't a sarcastic comment. You just bought it, its brand new, you are allowed to return it for a refund. How many hundreds of dollars did you pay for it? Why should you now try to fix this? They messed up in designing it and now it has a problem, one you as a customer shouldn't have to deal with. Not with how much 27" monitors cost.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
I am serious; this isn't a sarcastic comment. You just bought it, its brand new, you are allowed to return it for a refund. How many hundreds of dollars did you pay for it? Why should you now try to fix this? They messed up in designing it and now it has a problem, one you as a customer shouldn't have to deal with. Not with how much 27" monitors cost.

I agree with your principle here. But backlight bleed is just a part of LCD technology.

If it is the sort of horrible bright white bleed just glaring out of one of the corners, that may be defective. But, if it is the general glow uniform across the screen on a black background, well that is just a part of owning an LCD.

It would be awesome if they made 2560x1600 30" Plasma computer monitors :D

Plasmas do still exhibit some image retention but it is much better than when the tech was new. The smoothness of motion and deepness of blacks on a plasma is leagues ahead of where LCDs are at.

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
I agree with your principle here. But backlight bleed is just a part of LCD technology.

If it is the sort of horrible bright white bleed just glaring out of one of the corners, that may be defective. But, if it is the general glow uniform across the screen on a black background, well that is just a part of owning an LCD.

I thought the OP was talking about the former. maybe I am misunderstanding the OP.
Is it the former or the latter?

zod96

Platinum Member
May 28, 2007
The backlight bleed is on the bottom all the way from left to right about a 1/4 inch in width....