Anyway to connect HDMI TV to onboard but have GPU process the video?

tracerit

Nov 20, 2007
I have three monitors.

ASUS 144hz monitor DVI (to GPU)
Dell 60hz monitor DVI (to onboard)
Samsung TV HDMI (to onboard)

I want everything connected to the GPU but then it'll ramp up my memory clock to max and draw an additional 25W on idle, even when the TV is off but still connected tot he GPU. So I moved the Dell and Samsung TV to the onboard GPU and no more maxed memory clock speeds.

However, when I watch a video on TV conected to the onboard graphics, there's one second of stuttering every few seconds that's quite noticeable. This is resolved when I switch the connection to the GPU, no more stuttering. I have an Intel i7-3770k with Intel 4000 graphics which from what I searched should be able to handle Bluray video just fine. So not sure what's going on here.

So curious if there's a way to have the GPU process the video but have it still connected to the onboard graphics DVI port.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I don't think there is and I would probably try to figure out why whatever video you are playing is jerky when connected to the iGPU. It should not be.

Reactions: tracerit

tracerit

Nov 20, 2007
I tried looking into codecs for VLC but that didn't work.
Then looked into using the blurbuster.com tests and noticed the refresh was fluctuating between 59-60hz on the TV, looked at the refresh and it was at 59hz. Changed it to 60p through intel's graphic properties and everything is running smoooothly now. Thanks for the suggestion!

tracerit

Nov 20, 2007
Actually just wanted to update, the real problem was that I kept my main monitor the one connected to my dedicated graphics. If I switched the other monitor or my TV (both which are connected to my iGPU), then the stuttering disappeared.