Anything out there like Wellendorff rings at non-brain damage money?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Got to look at some Wellendorff rings and they are really cool...however; they are targetted at those making 7 figures as even the simple bands are $13,000 and most are in the $20-50k range.

Tried doing some searching and came up with nothing.

http://www.gildedlife.com/2010/08/wellendorff-rings-wellendorff-fine-jewelry-germany/

wellendorff-rings-wellendorf-fine-jewelry-prices-diamonds.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Those look nice. They look like something my mom would love. Not intended as an insult; my mom has good taste, she just likes colorful stuff like that.

You'd think someone would want to make similar jewelry out of non-precious metals and stones and sell them for a more reasonable price. A lot of women are practical and prefer big sparkle over big price tags.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Those look nice. They look like something my mom would love. Not intended as an insult; my mom has good taste, she just likes colorful stuff like that.

You'd think someone would want to make similar jewelry out of non-precious metals and stones and sell them for a more reasonable price. A lot of women are practical and prefer big sparkle over big price tags.

yeah...but at the same time I don't believe in using anything non-precious for a wedding/engagement as it makes it too easy to have no skin in the game.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
So looking around the the site in Alke's first post I foind the 24ct gold plated Mac Pro. Okay, I get that. Then I read this: 24k Gold Plating (Type III 99.9% purity) with polyurethane clear coat. Who the hell covers 24k gold in plastic?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
So looking around the the site in Alke's first post I foind the 24ct gold plated Mac Pro. Okay, I get that. Then I read this: 24k Gold Plating (Type III 99.9% purity) with polyurethane clear coat. Who the hell covers 24k gold in plastic?

Because it's gold plated and will protect that thin layer of gold.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
If you haven't already, try googling Wellendorff replica rings or knockoffs.

I saw a couple of places that seem to sell them, but I don't care to search through their pages and pages of inventory to find ones like you posted.

fern

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
If you haven't already, try googling Wellendorff replica rings or knockoffs.

I saw a couple of places that seem to sell them, but I don't care to search through their pages and pages of inventory to find ones like you posted.

fern

most of the sites that came up where virus laden and didn't show rings so I gave up.

amish

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
I looked into one of these for my wife. I really liked their designs until I saw the price tag that went along with it.