Anything I should know before going to Six Flags GA?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
This is Ichinisan's brother. Thanks for the help guys! We had a (short) blast!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: AznSensation
it was superman ride.

make sure you wear tennis shoes (no flip flops/sandals/etc) you'll be walking ALOT

also, if i were you, i would spend $45 extra per person (making around $90 including ticket cost) to get the fast pass. It's definately worth it. You would not want to wait 2+ hours on a ride in scorching Georgia summer (it goes up to 100 degrees)

Rides you should definately go for:

Goliath (front seat)
Dejavu (back/front)
Superman</end quote></div>
You hit on two of my favorites and one of my new favorites (rode Atlanta's Goliath for the first time yesterday). The Goliath at Six Flags Magic Mountain (Los Angeles County, CA) may be a little taller, but it was nothing like this. I haven't been able to ride the Deja Vu and Acrophobia (another favorite) on my last three visits due to downtime and this visit was no different. I did some research and found that even though Acrophobia is not listed as one of the attractions closed in response to the Superman Tower of Power incident at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, it absolutely is. It's the same company (Intamin) and is simply a very advanced version of the same type of "free fall tower" or "Giant Drop" ride. When Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington put out a statement indicating that their Superman Tower of Power ride was still operating because it was a very different ride, I suddenly realized why Six Flags didn't mention the Acrophobia's shutdown. It's not associated by name, so why give it the same notoriety? :D I can't see them cross-nameing unrelated attractions much in the future. Heck, they have incentive to give every attraction a different name! Even so, I believe that the total of nine closed rides includes Acrophobia because it doesn't make sense that they would be over four parks as indicated in the news.

We didn't need the "Flash Pass" because it was a Wednesday, but we strongly considered it considering our own late arrival.

Oh yeah, and I would actually suggest sandals considering that we all had musty shoes the next day! We waited until the end of the day, but none of us noticed the bar for keeping your shoes up on Thunder River. It's been more than a few years (WTF did they add the water cannons?! God !@#!%).

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Mill
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ric1287
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Ichinisan
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: waggy
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Tipsy Turtle
Watch your feet.</end quote></div>

hahahah i was going to say that!</end quote></div>

Was there some incident, other than the long-ago Batman incident, that I have not heard about?

:shocked:

If I recall, a person was in a restricted area and got kicked in the head as the hanging coaster passed over.</end quote></div>

girl got her feet chopped off last week on a roller coaster. Hence the feet coments

i was planning to reply "duct tape your ankles" but alas...</end quote></div>

First off, wrong.

She was at Kentucky Kingdom and not Six Flags over Georgia. Secondly, it was not a roller coaster, it was a power tower.
</end quote></div>
Well, when we went Wednesday Six Flags Over Georgia had closed their own Acrophobia due to the Superman Tower of Power accident at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. Thanks for the information. Acrophobia was one of my favorites too. :( I hope they can find out what caused this and prevent it from ever happening again. I know I'm not helping by spreading the notoriety to Acrophobia, but the real reason should be known.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: daveymark
Go to sixflags.com and type "chase" in the promo box. 4 tickets for $99

you don't need a chase card to buy

also, bring your own food and drink if you can. a pizza is $25 and a cup of coke is
$4

way too expensive

the flash pass is well worth the money.</end quote></div>
Thanks! We used the Chase deal and now have another ticket to return later in the season. The Flash pass wasn't needed due to it being mid-week. Thanks for the suggestions though! We decided to get one of the unlimited refill souvenier cups and share the whole day, but it was somehow misplaced before even getting to the next attraction. We did manage ONE refill almost immediately after purchasing only to find that they needed to see an arm bracelet (unlike previous visits). A trip back to the original stand with our receipt fixed that. I think someone took it while we were looking at the "You are here" map and we just assumed that one the other ones of us had it. I guess they don't mind germs from strangers! Suggestion: If it happens to you, go to Park Services with your receipt and suggest that it was taken (as we believe). They helped us out with a replacement, but all the food stands were closing and another refill was impossible by that time.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: slsmnaz
Six flags is open from 10-7 today and you aren't there yet? You waiting for it to heat up and get busy first?</end quote></div>
That's what I said. Unfortunately, even when a 12-year old sleeps away his morning, he still would rather go than wait until the next full day. It was his call. When he hesitated to get up earlier, we all just started planning on the next day until he realized what was going on.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: thraashman
Well I always recommend instead of buying food at the park that you bring a cooler with sanwiches and leave it in your car, get your hand stamped and go out to eat lunch, then go back in.

Don't go on Splash Water Falls or Thunder River rides early unless you like walking around wet all day.

If you're a full grown adult over 6' tall, I'd ignore doing the Mine Train as it's always uncomfortable to me.

The Georgia Cyclone is a large, old, wooden roller coaster. It's rickety and the ride is downright painful. I hate it and won't ride it, and I recommend staying away from it.

That's all I can think of. Have fun.</end quote></div>
I wish I had read this first. We knew to hold off on Thunder River until the end (SOAKED) but the Mine Train nearly killed my legs from lack of circulation. It was the only "coaster" I could get my 12-year old nephew to ride.

My brother and I have always complained amoungst eachother about the Cyclone and the Psyclone (Magic Mountain). "Woodys" have always been rickety and rough on me since my first at Magic Mountain causing me to knock heads with my brother (and his ear to hit the side and hurt all day), but I'd never complain about it to classic coaster fans... to them, it's heresy!