anyone work for compusa or return a laptop there on warranty

TheSiege

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2004
i dropped mine the other day and i am taking it in
i got a 2 year warranty that still has like 6 months left on it, i am wondering if they
give me a new laptop right there or if i have to wait???

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
They're going to tell you they wont replace it due to physical damage. You will have to buy a new one :(

TheSiege

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2004
hmmm, thats what the warranty covers doesnt it?
its not comestic, the computer just doesnt work

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: TheSiege

No. Did you even read the warranty? You can't just drop shit and then take it back. What the hell are you thinking? If that were the case, I would just drop all of my shit off of the balcony every two years and get it replaced.

The neighbors would be pissed.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2
Originally posted by: TheSiege

No. Did you even read the warranty? You can't just drop shit and then take it back. What the hell are you thinking? If that were the case, I would just drop all of my shit off of the balcony every two years and get it replaced.

The neighbors would be pissed.

Not always true, Circuit City has a damage warranty that will cover dropped stuff.

TheSiege

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2004
well the asshat that sold me the warranty said it covered drops and the battery he said i could take it right outside the door and drop it and they would replace it. he might of been lying, but he did say that. worse case scenario is that they refund my warranty. add 150 to that and i get a new laptop.