Anyone with insight into Armenian Culture?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LinuxIdiot

Golden Member
May 20, 2002
Originally posted by: mrkun
Originally posted by: PricklyPete
Tell her you hate the country of Turkey right from the get go...like immediately.

That and when you first see her say "hey, bro!" in a stereotypical Armenian accent. Btw, you have no idea what you're getting yourself into. Good luck dude. Hahaha.

ROFL

We had an Armenian guy I worked with that actually said "hey bro!"

Darthvoy

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2004
I knew a few Armenian girls. They really didn't seem all that much different from all the other different types of girls. Culturally, yes, they are very close-knit. Just treat her like you would any other girl. I wouldn't mention Turkey because of the whole Armenian genocide thing.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: mrkun
Originally posted by: JS80
They're all from Glendale, CA.

The ones in Glendale are largely from the Levant and Iran, which are the wealthier ones. There's also a lot in Van Nuys and North Hollywood which are from Armenia, and these are working class. So in other words, in Glendale you have Armenians and in the east Valley you have Armenyans.

lol!

Apr 17, 2003
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
I'm going on a date with an Armenian woman next week, and don't really know jack shit about their culture, etc...

Anyone have time to clue me in a bit?

I have lots of Armenian friends/influences/family. The females tend to be on the fairly conservative side so I would take it particularly slow.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Corporate Thug

I have lots of Armenian friends/influences/family. The females tend to be on the fairly conservative side so I would take it particularly slow.

They're like Ferengi women, right? nude @ home?

Apr 17, 2003
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Originally posted by: Corporate Thug

They're like Ferengi women, right? nude @ home?

Nope, sorry to burst your bubble. On the bright side, even the more independent ones I have met tend to be well rounded with domestic tasks.

Apr 17, 2003
Originally posted by: PhoKingGuy
If she has older brothers, watch out. If you upset her they will kill you

This is also very true. Part of the conservative nature comes from overprotective parents and siblings.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
If she mentions she's from Armenia tell her you're like totally into Djivan Gasparyan. Might listen to some of his music first though.

Oct 27, 2007

Actually, first they'll kill your family, one by one. Then, after the pain of your loss begins to dull, then they'll kill you.

(honestly the only thing I know about Armenians comes from The Shield, but I'm going to stay the fuck away from them TBQH).

PhoKingGuy

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2007
Originally posted by: GodlessAstronomer

Actually, first they'll kill your family, one by one. Then, after the pain of your loss begins to dull, then they'll kill you.

(honestly the only thing I know about Armenians comes from The Shield, but I'm going to stay the fuck away from them TBQH).

I went to a college with a high percentage of middle eastern women (Armenians, Persians, Egyptians, etc)

I remember once instance my freshman year in the dorm. My co-ed suite had 10 rooms and one had these two armenian girls in it. I remember one of them joking on the phone to her boyfriend how another guy in the suite was giving everyone a hard time about noise because he was taking something stupid like 25 quarter units in his first year and was never not studying. An hour and a half later her boyfriend and like 5 of his friends who looked like marines came up and surprised her wanting to kick the guys ass.

So yeah.....don't fuck with them, haha