Anyone wear Clarks Desert boots? Replacement laces?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearoftheNight

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
Hey guys. I have a pair of desert boots and one of the laces tore. I'm having some problems finding a replacement as the suggested length from Clarks is 45 cm or 18 in. I'm looking for brown to match the beeswax color. Thanks!

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
http://www.shoelacesexpress.com/catalog.asp

from Clarks' website

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Can I order replacement laces through Clarks?
We do have laces available for select styles and would be happy to send you a replacement for free, if the laces are in stock in our warehouse. Please contact our Consumer Services Team online or call us at 800-211-5461 with the style number of your shoes along with your mailing address. If we are unable to locate a pair within our inventory, we suggest visiting a local retailer that sells replacement shoe parts or visit www.lacesforless.com to purchase a similar pair.
[/FONT]

Last edited:

jcwagers

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2000
This might be a terrible idea but.....have you tried finding some paracord in that color? Paracord would be much stronger and more durable and it's possible that you might find some that will match your boots. You can cut it to whatever length you want and burn the ends so it doesn't fray. I understand if you'd rather have the laces from Clarks but I just thought I'd throw another option out there just in case. :)

jroza1

Apr 26, 2013
This might be a terrible idea but.....have you tried finding some paracord in that color? Paracord would be much stronger and more durable and it's possible that you might find some that will match your boots. You can cut it to whatever length you want and burn the ends so it doesn't fray. I understand if you'd rather have the laces from Clarks but I just thought I'd throw another option out there just in case. :)

I found www.therightlace.com to be a much better experience for buying my laces. Its more of a point and click and they have laces specifically for Clark's Desert Boots and Wolverine 1000 Mile boots.

Josh

Red_Lambo

Apr 28, 2013
Score!!! I've have 3 pairs of desert boots in my closet with busted laces. I went back to the Clarks store with no luck. I tried Zappos with no luck. I tried the shoelaces express place a couple of quotes above and the experience was awful! 2000 laces to chose from and no 27" flat! The have a User Interface that looks like it was built in the 1970's with no budget. Bizzare.

I tried jroza1's therightlace.com site and am so far quite pleased. They did not ask me to pick from a gazzilion laces, but had me just click on the picture of my desert boot and voillla. Free shipping. Very nifty for a company that sells shoelaces.

Reactions: RyanArm
Status
Not open for further replies.