anyone watching the news? plane with landign gear messed up needs to land

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Now the funny part will be the passenger's reactions after they get off the plane and are told what was really going on. :laugh:

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Xavier434
Now the funny part will be the passenger's reactions after they get off the plane and are told what was really going on. :laugh:

hahah

"uh..this is the pilot speaking..we are going to fly by the tower to piss them off..they refused erm..uhh...my ex-wife works there so wan to bug her...then we will run away for a minute before landing......maybe they will...uhm...forget it was us.....weather back in miami is great...sorry we didnt get to Chicago..."

getting

passanger: "WTF! YOU MEAN I COULD HAVE DIED!@ IM GOING TO SUE!@"

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: ChAoTiCpInOy
I know this is breaking news and all but is it really that big of a deal?

not really. but better then anything else going on.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002

Think of it as the media gambling that something worse might come out of the situation. If the plane did not land smoothly or worse...crashed completely....then they want to be their to catch it live in action.

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: waggy

hahah

"uh..this is the pilot speaking..we are going to fly by the tower to piss them off..they refused erm..uhh...my ex-wife works there so wan to bug her...then we will run away for a minute before landing......maybe they will...uhm...forget it was us.....weather back in miami is great...sorry we didnt get to Chicago..."

getting

Reminds me of when I flew from Washington to Alaska. There was a bump during take-off, but we didn't think much of it. Only as we were on final approach did they notify us that they had hit some wildlife during take-off, and they didn't know what kind of shape the landing gear was in.

I guess they wanted the liquor for themselves during the flight. :laugh:

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: ShotgunSteven

hahah

getting

Reminds me of when I flew from Washington to Alaska. There was a bump during take-off, but we didn't think much of it. Only as we were on final approach did they notify us that they had hit some wildlife during take-off, and they didn't know what kind of shape the landing gear was in.

I guess they wanted the liquor for themselves during the flight. :laugh:

I actually used to fly Cessna planes. During take off I hit a Seagull once. Scared the hell out of me because for half a second the propeller actually stopped. :Q

When I landed there were feathers and blood all around the propeller. lol

makken

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2004
Originally posted by: rudder
Originally posted by: tenshodo13
Plane Had No power to correctly lower landing Gear

Thats why if it ain't Boeing... I ain't going.

At least on the Boeing 727 and probably most Boeing's prior to the 777 (may be the same way) you can hand crank the gear down... just like those WWII movies.

umm lol. Did you even read the link? it was a Boeing. a 767 to be exact.

GZDynastar

Jan 29, 2003

not really. but better then anything else going on.

thats what I thought.. i'm kinda busy watching webcams of main street of my town catch on fire from a restaurant explosion.

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Yay! Free advertising for AA. They must have saw the bump JetBlue got when their front landing gear was messed up :)