I want also thank my wife, Cindy McCain
CINDY, CINDY, CINDY, CINDY!!

And Sarah's husband, champion Doglsled guy, Todd Palin
TODD, TODD, TODD, TODD!!

We're gona bring change to Washington
CHANGE,CHANGE, CHANGE, CHANGE!!

After he stated the speech, every line was followed by
USA, USA, USA!!!

McCain looked so pissed that he was getting interrupted, he couldn't even finish his sentences.

SlingXShot

Jan 7, 2004
Ye, I am used to having this with Obama. And you can't get Obama angry if you everything at him at the same time.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
I saw the same thing on MSNBC. It took the campaign workers about 10 seconds to get the chant going :p

I also found it interesting that the same ol' rhetoric of the last week is receiving less and less enthusiasm - The Contempt for America PiG Ticket needs some new material ...

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000

Did you watch Palin's speech?

It was verbatim to everyone she's done since the RNC

"I said thanks but no thanks to that bridge to nowhere"

"I put that plane on Ebay"

I thought both of those have been proven to be half truths.
Suprised she's still using them

I watched Obama speech in Norfolk this morning
Yay Norfolk! Yay Granby High School! :thumbsup:
It seemed much more original and focused
He went into depth about his education plans.
And also addressed the lipstick comments.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
They were bleeting this during the repug convention, too. It was painful to watch, they look like so many indoctrinated, thoughtless lockstep soldiers.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: deftron

Biden is going to completely eviscerate Palin during the debates. McCain and Obama will be closer, but Biden is going to browbeat her on essentially everything, it will be glorious.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000

The right wing radio media has been trying in vain to keep the complainers off of their phone lines. But even now the republican base are beginning to show concern that they aren't saying anything new, and that Palin has been protected for too long by the handlers.

The luster is wearing off. Of course, no surprise there. But I am sooo damn curious to here Palin say something other than her stump speech. I want to hear her talk about education, healthcare, and about the economy.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb

Biden is going to completely eviscerate Palin during the debates. McCain and Obama will be closer, but Biden is going to browbeat her on essentially everything, it will be glorious.
the question is, can he do while being "nice"?
That would be priceless:)

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006

All candidates give essentially the same speech every time.

Edwards did the two Americas speech hundreds of times.
Obama gives essentially the same stump speech every time.
And I am sure McCain does it as well.

And the people going don't seem to care, for them it is the first time they have heard the speech.

Best analogy would be going to see your favorite musical group. You don't care how many times they have performed the same set, you just want to hear your favorite songs.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Originally posted by: OrByte
The right wing radio media has been trying in vain to keep the complainers off of their phone lines. But even now the republican base are beginning to show concern that they aren't saying anything new, and that Palin has been protected for too long by the handlers.

The luster is wearing off. Of course, no surprise there. But I am sooo damn curious to here Palin say something other than her stump speech. I want to hear her talk about education, healthcare, and about the economy.

The Palin bubble may not burst like the housing market but at its current rate it's going down with a steady hisssssssssss ...

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006

Dream on
link
As Barack Obama paces before 15,000 people with a hand-held microphone, it's easy to assume his 30-minute talk is more or less a free-associating string of talking points and applause lines.

In fact, it's a carefully organized four-part argument.

Obama delivers it without notes or changes from week to week. A campaign centerpiece for 19 months, the full-blown stump speech probably has done more than anything to rocket him to fame and to a lead over Republican John McCain in some national polls.
Nearly the same speech every time.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
They were bleeting this during the repug convention, too. It was painful to watch, they look like so many indoctrinated, thoughtless lockstep soldiers.

my understanding at the RNC convention is that people were breaking out the chants to drown out code pink protesters.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: ProfJohn

Dream on
link
As Barack Obama paces before 15,000 people with a hand-held microphone, it's easy to assume his 30-minute talk is more or less a free-associating string of talking points and applause lines.

In fact, it's a carefully organized four-part argument.

Obama delivers it without notes or changes from week to week. A campaign centerpiece for 19 months, the full-blown stump speech probably has done more than anything to rocket him to fame and to a lead over Republican John McCain in some national polls.
Nearly the same speech every time.
Yeah that doesnt really speak to my point, but thanks for the diversion?

hehehe. Listening to Hewitt yesterday he doesnt even take male callers anymore. He only takes "new female callers" on his show...gee wonder why? The last male caller I heard him talk to was saying how dissappointed he is with Palin's choice, and that it is GWB and Harriet Meirs all over again. :)

Laura Ingram couldnt get a female from texas off the call fast enough when the female called in to say enough with the stump speeches about 'ebay' and the 'bridge to nowhere', the luster is wearing off, where is Palin on the issues!?

anectdotal evidence for sure, but I am enjoying listening to the conservative radio shows these days, they are all for fist pumping. Laura Ingram can't get enough of 'GI Palin.' Its funny how earlier this morning Laura Ingram was going over a story from CNN, and I guess the CNN correspondant (female) went to Alaska and reported on how one of Palin's babyshowers was held at a gun range...Laura Ingram thought that was FANTASTIC!! Laura Ingram seems to think that the image of a pregnant Palin firing a rifle at a gun range is what America is going to fall in love with!? Hahahahahaha!!

yeahh right. If it was HRC that had a baby shower at a gun range all of the conservative blowhards would be up in arms about putting pregnant ladies and babies in harms way of a stray bullet.

These radio personalities are blowing smoke up everybody's asses. Good for slapstick entertainment!

ok enough with MY diversion from the topic! :)

FuzzyBee

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2000

I'm not sure where everybody gets the idea that Biden is a great debater. Heck - didn't he spend the entire 45 minutes he was granted to interrogate a Supreme Court nominee talking about his grandson or some other nonsense?

Blowhard that likes to hear his own voice != great debater.

RKDaley

Oct 27, 2007
I've listened to quite a few speeches from Biden since the DNC. He is NOT giving the same speech he gave then. He's talking himself, his family, giving antedotes about his life, and (like Obama) the issues. He's really good on the stump.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: RKDaley
I've listened to quite a few speeches from Biden since the DNC. He is NOT giving the same speech he gave then. He's talking himself, his family, giving antedotes about his life, and (like Obama) the issues. He's really good on the stump.

Well the opinion before you that he's a blow hard is still not off the mark, in my opinion. He seems, in my opinion, to be too much into seeing himself as smart. Of course, that is a reaction from feelings acquired in childhood of being put down as dumb.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Of course, that is a reaction from feelings acquired in childhood of being put down as dumb.
You are not dumb Moonbeam. :)

huggies?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: FuzzyBee

I'm not sure where everybody gets the idea that Biden is a great debater. Heck - didn't he spend the entire 45 minutes he was granted to interrogate a Supreme Court nominee talking about his grandson or some other nonsense?

He wasn't manhandled in the other ones, at least, but he didn't get a ton of airtime. However, a guy with his experience, particularly foreign vs a governor of a state that's only kind of in the US to begin with, I think he will have an easy time with it.

Maybe it doesn't matter anyway. One slip of his tongue to a cliche and the media the next day will ignore content and demonize him a sexist, you know Fox will be on that like white on rice. Oops, that was a racist comment.
Stop shattering my bubble, I think I'm a great debater!
Of course, that is a reaction from feelings acquired in childhood of being put down as dumb.
heh, your grasp of psychology is not bad at all because that's me, too!

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

I can definitely see that. They're testing the waters as far as Palin is concerned and a lot of things look like they're good to go. Since she's the attack dog, I can see him eating her alive.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Anyone watching McCain's speech on CNN?
I'd rather watch The Love Guru.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
I like how during the republican convention, you could tell there was a group of people starting some of the chants / applause. There were a few times when various speakers would make a statement that didn't seem to make much sense, and people just looked dumbstruck, then you would hear a handful of people applauding, causing the rest of the crowd to join in like sheep.