Anyone watch TLC's Trading Spaces???

astroview

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
It's a home design show where you trade a room in your house/apartment with a friend and you redesign them with help from professionals.

It's very addicting...

Smaulz

Jun 20, 2001
Yeah, end up having to watch it all the time, my wife's addicted. It's really not a bad show, but those designers need to be stoutly beaten once in awhile.

polypterus

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2001
I find it disturbingly intriguing, and watch it if I happen to see it on. It's usually on around the same time as A Dating/Wedding/Baby Story, which can also be disturbingly intriguing. But I'll pretty much watch anything on TLC. :D

dc

DCFife

May 24, 2001
Trading Spaces is a cool show. Since I do shiftwork and I'm usually home during the week I occasionally catch Makeover Story at lunchtime...it's pretty awesome how they can make some REALLY normal people look pretty darn good.

Dave

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Yes, I really like that show. lol

<< It's really not a bad show, but those designers need to be stoutly beaten once in awhile. >>

Yes! There's one male designer that I can't think of his name at the moment.....that usually comes up with some weird stuff.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
I stopped watching after Alex McCleod left the show.

That new chick is just downright ANNOYING!

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001

<< I stopped watching after Alex McCleod left the show.

That new chick is just downright ANNOYING!
>>

No she aint, shes cute :)

fooshkee

Aug 10, 2001
my sister is really really addicted to it too, and I usaully end up watching it with her.... its pretty interesting... I like the old host more, but the new chick is growing on me.

melly

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
I watch it too! I pretty much wall all the design shows, though. The best is when it's time to reveal the finished room, sometimes the looks on their faces is like, 'KILL ME!'

<< There's one male designer that I can't think of his name at the moment.....that usually comes up with some weird stuff. >>

Ty? And what the dilly yo with Amy Wynn......or am I mixing up the show with "The Decorating Challenge?" (Canadian Show)

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001

<< I watch it too! I pretty much wall all the design shows, though. The best is when it's time to reveal the finished room, sometimes the looks on their faces is like, 'KILL ME!'

<< There's one male designer that I can't think of his name at the moment.....that usually comes up with some weird stuff. >>

Ty? And what the dilly yo with Amy Wynn......or am I mixing up the show with "The Decorating Challenge?" (Canadian Show)
>>

Ty is the handyman....

creedog

Golden Member
Nov 15, 1999
frank is they guy that does really crappy studd and appears to be as gay as they come, although his bio says that he is married.

Genevieve Gorder is the hot on who wears the tight t-shirts. WOW....Crummy pic

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
I like it but there is no way i would let our friends come and re-design my house.

cthulhu

Golden Member
Feb 19, 2000
My wife is seriously addicted to the show. I like to watch to catch glimpses of Genevieve's tight t-shirts - HEHE. Amy Wynn is hot too. I hate it when a show changes a host like mid stream. I liked the old host but am getting used to the new one.

Did you guys see the episode where when the lady was shown her new room she cried and had to leave the room. The new host tried making small talk with her husband and in the background you could still hear her crying. Oh so sad.

Did you guys ever see Genevieve's moss wall? OMG. I would like her to walk around my house barefooted(ever notice how she never has shoes on) but not decorated it.

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
My wife is hooked on this show too.. I don't much care for it, but she seems to like it.

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
My g/f and I usually end up watching the shower when she's able to be home.
Usually end up watching Trading Spaces and A Wedding Story.

Good shows :)

ChrichtonsGirl

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2000
Doug Wilson made a woman in Seattle cry with his redo of her living room. And they were not tears of joy. :D I like Vern Yip's and Laurie (I forget her last name)'s rooms. Doug is a little too industrial/modern for me and Genevieve is a little too hippy/flowerchild or as she says, "organic."

I liked Alex better than Paige. :(

Goth

Oct 22, 2001
The wife loves Trading Spaces. I just hope she doesn't get any ideas. We've already made enough cosmetic to major changes to the house.

Iron Chef is a hoot, especially the bad voice overs. The guy who always "interrupts" to add a meaningless bit of advice about how the chef has now done something routine ("The Iron Chef has now put one more shrimp on the barbie! He's also turned the stove up one degree!") is entertaining.

I haven't seen the William Shatner Americanized version, but I've heard I haven't missed anything...

Pakaderm

Mar 8, 2001
My wife loves to watch that show. I think I would freak out too much to let my neighbor jack up my house.

-Pak

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
It's a cool show but sometimes you just wanna smack up them on the head and ask them what they are smokin!