anyone watch throwdown with bobby flay?

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
interesting concept...i watched when he challenged the clam chowder guy

basically the premise of the show is that bobby flay will show up and challenge someone like for the show i watched it was a guy that had been makign clam chowder since he was like 7...had articles written about how good his chowder was

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
I thought it was like Iron Chef comes to your door. I didn't know that he was challening people who were actually professional chefs. I thought it was like regular joes in their home kitchens.

junkerman123

Golden Member
Jul 4, 2003
that's pretty pimpin....although I guess the original iron chef was based on the premise of renowned chefs vs iron chefs. but a regular guy vs an iron chef, now that's cool.

the food network is awesome (though not as awesome as it used to be)

DaveCSparty

May 14, 2000
Originally posted by: DanTMWTMP
i saw the beginning of that ep last night. what was the result?

Flay won and everything that guy had and all his confidence were lost in an instant haha

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: DanTMWTMP
i saw the beginning of that ep last night. what was the result?

the judge thought they were both on par but ultimately liked flays lobster corn chowder the best...

but during the challenge the guy kept the 'secret' ingredient in a bag until he pops it out and its a live eel that he kills and slices up for his dish

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: sygyzy
I thought it was like Iron Chef comes to your door. I didn't know that he was challening people who were actually professional chefs. I thought it was like regular joes in their home kitchens.

they are not professionals per say ..this guy had a neighborhood resaturant where he serves up chowder and is trying to break out and produce his own canned clam choder because everyone says its so good..

so he is just good at one type of dish/food

when flay rolls up this guy freked..like holy sh1t you challening me?!

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
Originally posted by: BooGiMaN
Originally posted by: sygyzy

they are not professionals per say ..this guy had a neighborhood resaturant where he serves up chowder and is trying to break out and produce his own canned clam choder because everyone says its so good..

so he is just good at one type of dish/food

when flay rolls up this guy freked..like holy sh1t you challening me?!

I knew the words would come back to haunt me. I know professional chef = works in his own restaurant, french classical training, etc.

But I think you know what I meant. These are not regular joes. They are experts or pseudo-professional. This guy owns his own restaurant! That's no amateur!

maddogchen

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2004
Sounds interesting....I wish I saw it. But sometimes I hate watching the Food Network because......it makes me sad that they are cooking such delicious foods and all I'm eating is a taco bell chalupa :(