Anyone watch the Spurs vs. Trail Blazers game tonight?

SuperGroove

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
First of all...I thoroughly enjoyed the first 3 quarters. I got antsy when the Blazers started to rally back in the fourth. Boy oh boy though...never has Sheed's temper been so much of a controversy. Add to that, Bonzi just had to go and get himself ejected.

What I don't get is why Terry Porter got ejected. First of all, he's known to stay under composure. Second, he didn't even start the little quibble. Bonzi was being immature and started the whole mess.

One other thing that got on my nerves, was the fact the crowd acted as if it came as a shock when Bonzi and 'Sheed got hit with technicals. Sigh...

Finally, the Trail Blazers probably have the most amount of talented(albeit old) players on their team. They pay $90mil a year to pay their guys, which is just as much as the the NY Yankees...but the Trailblazers are only paying for 11 guys vs. 26!

Derek Anderson was on fire tonight, wasn't he? Dang...I just love watchint the Spurs sometimes. Now with a quick player like Anderson, we get to see post up action as well as an interesting outside game. However...no teams compare to the Sacramento Kings. Is it just me, or are they playing a lot more...ahem...normal compared to how they played 2 seasons ago? Oh well...who cares...when you come back from a 28pt defecit and beat that team(hehe...me no likey Phoenix) by 11...I mean...whathahell?!

Cool:)

Lily27

Dec 24, 2000
That game just put me in the best mood. I just hope the spurs can do the same thing tomorrow. :)

UG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
The Blazers let the Spurs win one for the sake of sympathy. ;)

SuperGroove

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
UG,

Sympathy? More like stupidity. It's been a LOOONG time since I've seen 2 players on the same team get ejected in less than 2 minutes.

must add the winky wink, ;)

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
Lakers will not repeat, I am sure of it. They're not the same Lakers from the previous championship year and if they don't get their act together, they will be watching the finals on television like the rest of us at home. :)