Anyone watch the Obamacare Infomercial on ABC?

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Did anyone watch the Obamacare Informercial last night? Thoughts? Was it state-run media at its best by chance or were opposing viewpoints allowed?

I personally did not see it.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I watched it, and yes, it was pretty much an informercial. I posted a thread about the one interesting question that came up. Needless to say, Obama refused to answer it.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: PokerGuy
I watched it, and yes, it was pretty much an informercial. I posted a thread about the one interesting question that came up. Needless to say, Obama refused to answer it.
Like 99% of the American public I didn't watch it or turned to something else when it came on.

SammyJr

Golden Member
Feb 27, 2008
The show was aimed at the fence sitters. Most of us here either support UHC and the public option or prefer the status quo. Thus, I don't think anyone here would have watched it.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I like infomercials, but only when they have an impossibly fit 20-something selling some exercise product. I'll watch that. This, no.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Originally posted by: Skoorb
I like infomercials, but only when they have an impossibly fit 20-something selling some exercise product. I'll watch that. This, no.

Male or female?

Rockinacoustic

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2006
Charles Gibson tried hard to make counter arguments, but they we're silly generalizations with no specifics. It was mostly just "But Mr. President, isn't government run health-care bad?" etc...

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: PokerGuy
I watched it, and yes, it was pretty much an informercial. I posted a thread about the one interesting question that came up. Needless to say, Obama refused to answer it so I made up something to support my position.

Fixed that for you.

Skitzer

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
Did anyone watch the Obamacare Informercial last night? Thoughts? Was it state-run media at its best by chance or were opposing viewpoints allowed?

I personally did not see it.

Was it last night?? Shit, I missed it.
Not used to watching ABC, could probably catch it online I suppose ......... Nahh!!

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Here is a break down of the infomericial....

60% Obama talking

Where is the Republican market based fix rebuttal? When the president gives a state of the union address the opposing party gets rebuttal time now.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Originally posted by: MotF Bane
Originally posted by: Skoorb

Male or female?

Harry: Ooh, look at the buns on that one...
Skoorb: Yeah, he must work out.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
OP has let his preference be known, he prefers assrape by the insurance companies.

Little does he know, a perforated colon isn't covered by his plan.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Originally posted by: ayabe
OP has let his preference be known, he prefers assrape by the insurance companies.

:laugh:

Aug 23, 2000

Here we go again.
Let me know how well the last government run insurance program worked out.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7053462/
http://www.webmd.com/medicare/...medicare-fund-shortage

But damn the facts. Lets keep pushing feel good measure and keep raising taxes.

They can't fund the current commitments, what makes you think they can fund MORE?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

and you don't think the Governments plan won't rape people?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski

Here we go again.
Like my wife and I you have an autistic child, don't you get some kind of government health ins?

Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Here we go again.
Like my wife and I you have an autistic child, don't you get some kind of government health ins?

Nope. Make to much money to get gubment aid.

6+ years ago, when she was diagnosed, we were told that she would be covered by SSI and medicare and that we had nothing to worry about. Yeah, that's a load of shit.
Sorry, you make to much money even though you both combined don't make more than 6 figures a year. Good luck.
Even when I lost my job and was on unemployment, We still couldn't qualify.

Skitzer

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000
You know, it's getting to the point where I just don't care what they do anymore.
Go ahead, insure the 40 odd million who don't have health care ...... I will even help pay for it (within reason).
All I ask is that they leave "my" health care plan alone.
If they decide to force me into a different, less substantial plan I will raise hell.

Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Skitzer
You know, it's getting to the point where I just don't care what they do anymore.
Go ahead, insure the 40 odd million who don't have health care ...... I will even help pay for it (within reason).
If they decide to force me into a different, less substantial plan I will raise hell.

Screw that, I'm not going to pay for insurance for the almost 10 million people that make more than $70,000 a year but opt out of getting health coverage.

Actually it's pretty smart, because they can just walk into an ER and do like the illegals do and give false information and walk out and never owe a dime.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Here we go again.

Nope. Make to much money to get gubment aid.

6+ years ago, when she was diagnosed, we were told that she would be covered by SSI and medicare and that we had nothing to worry about. Yeah, that's a load of shit.
Sorry, you make to much money even though you both combined don't make more than 6 figures a year. Good luck.
Even when I lost my job and was on unemployment, We still couldn't qualify.
Well my son is 22 and he gets Mass Health Ins plus SSDI.

I feel for you buddy, it's a shame that hard working people like you and your wife can't get some assistance for you child. You've paid enough in taxes over your lives.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Skitzer

Screw that, I'm not going to pay for insurance for the almost 10 million people that make more than $70,000 a year but opt out of getting health coverage.

Actually it's pretty smart, because they can just walk into an ER and do like the illegals do and give false information and walk out and never owe a dime.

If they can afford it they aren't going to be getting it for free.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: waggy

and you don't think the Governments plan won't rape people?

What's the goal here? Lowering costs right? Adding another player, with the economies of scale necessary to exert muscle is going to drive down costs, not only for those on ObamaUSSRBBQcare but for those who keep their private plans.

Enough of the strawman bullshit we can't afford it anymore. Some of the folks being hurt the most are those coveted(during election season) small business owners who can't afford healthcare for their workers.

What % of our GDP do we need to spend on healthcare before it starts to bother you guys?

The abuse has got to stop.