anyone wanna to explain this to me?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
Originally posted by: isaacmacdonald
bourgeois

I'm afraid you've lost this battle.

try again.

so i couldnt spell the damn word. he mispelled it too, i just hesitated to say it without knowing proper spelling.

EDIT: so are you gonna explain this or not?

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
whatever . . . see my edit
Originally posted by: apoppin
Originally posted by: Walleye
it seems that you have no idea what he was talking about, yet he's the dumbass. interesting.

i asked him to explain, and yet he refused.

if i said some bullsh1t that made absolutely no sense, wouldnt you ask me to explain, too?

you really should.

I've read the original post 5 times now and I still can't string together what the actual argument is, or why you think he's a dumbass (other than for using a word you're not familiar with).

i'm trying to figure out if there was a reason WHY he used that word, other than that he doesnt know what he's talking about, and is now trying to cover himself up by stonewalling.
We are thinking you're pretty clueless by now and I will drop out of this ridiculous thread.

Take it up with him (again - maybe you should ask him for a date) and . . . perhaps consider posting less unintelligable crap here. ;)

I'm out of here.
rolleye.gif

bourgeois
bour·geois ( P ) Pronunciation Key (br-zhwä, brzhwä)
n. pl. bourgeois
A person belonging to the middle class.
A person whose attitudes and behavior are marked by conformity to the standards and conventions of the middle class.
In Marxist theory, a member of the property-owning class; a capitalist.

adj.
Of, relating to, or typical of the middle class.
Held to be preoccupied with respectability and material values.
aloha

EDIT: You're welcome :p

Now I mispelled bourgeois . . . corrected . . .

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
It is possible to present arguments to support the presumption that homosexuals as a group are financially better off than heterosexuals: That they don't have families to support (generally speaking). Without a family, you don't need to purchase a large house, etc.. Disposable income should be higher.

Also no "high maintenance" g/fs who require jewelry and/or expensive clothes.

isaacmacdonald

Platinum Member
Jun 7, 2002
bourgeois

try again.

so i couldnt spell the damn word. he mispelled it too, i just hesitated to say it without knowing proper spelling.

2 : marked by a concern for material interests and respectability and a tendency toward mediocrity

that's merriam, #2.

I'm not really sure what your interlocutor was trying to argue. typically arguing that homosexuals make more money than hetrosexuals would but the former closer to bourgeois and the latter closer to the proletariat, no?

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
it seems that you have no idea what he was talking about, yet he's the dumbass. interesting.

if i said some bullsh1t that made absolutely no sense, wouldnt you ask me to explain, too?

you really should.

I've read the original post 5 times now and I still can't string together what the actual argument is, or why you think he's a dumbass (other than for using a word you're not familiar with).

i'm trying to figure out if there was a reason WHY he used that word, other than that he doesnt know what he's talking about, and is now trying to cover himself up by stonewalling.
We are thinking you're pretty clueless by now and I will drop out of this ridiculous thread.

Take it up with him (again - maybe you should ask him for a date) and . . . perhaps consider posting less unintelligable crap here. ;)

I'm out of here.
rolleye.gif

bourgeois
n. pl. bourgeois
A person whose attitudes and behavior are marked by conformity to the standards and conventions of the middle class.

adj.
aloha

i know what the definition IS, but he will not explain WHY he used it. the sentence deserves explanation, but obviously noone knows what it was... and i still dont know what the fvck he was talking about, and am still guessing that HE didnt know what the fvck he was talking about.

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
bourgeois

try again.

2 : marked by a concern for material interests and respectability and a tendency toward mediocrity

that's merriam, #2.

I'm not really sure what your interlocutor was trying to argue. typically arguing that homosexuals make more money than hetrosexuals would but the former closer to bourgeois and the latter closer to the proletariat, no?

i was guessing that he meant phillistine, uncultured, but he didnt reference that. in terms of strict economic sense, his statement made no sense, and he made no move to further clarify it.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

you really should.

I'm out of here.
rolleye.gif

bourgeois
n. pl. bourgeois

adj.
aloha

i know what the definition IS, but he will not explain WHY he used it. the sentence deserves explanation, but obviously noone knows what it was... and i still dont know what the fvck he was talking about, and am still guessing that HE didnt know what the fvck he was talking about.
So what the hell do you want to know? What HE meant? And you are asking US? You (also) didn't know "bourgeois" until it was posted here . . . you (also) DID get an answer (see #30) but ignored it.

I DO (think I) know what he was talking about but don't feel it is even worth discussing either way.

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002

you really should.

I'm out of here.
rolleye.gif

bourgeois
n. pl. bourgeois

adj.
aloha

So what the hell do you want to know? What HE meant? And you are asking US? You (also) didn't know "bourgeois" until it was posted here . . . you (also) DID get an answer (see #30) but ignored it.

I DO (think I) know what he was talking about but don't feel it is even worth discussing either way.

the way i see the forums doesnt show post number... perhaps you'd do me the favor of pointing out which one is 30?

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

you really should.

I'm out of here.
rolleye.gif

bourgeois
n. pl. bourgeois

adj.
aloha

the way i see the forums doesnt show post number... perhaps you'd do me the favor of pointing out which one is 30?
Instant replay . . .
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
It is possible to present arguments to support the presumption that homosexuals as a group are financially better off than heterosexuals: That they don't have families to support (generally speaking). Without a family, you don't need to purchase a large house, etc.. Disposable income should be higher.

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002

you really should.

I'm out of here.
rolleye.gif

bourgeois
n. pl. bourgeois

adj.
aloha

Instant replay . . .

i saw that. i said that. i aggree with that.

but the discussion at the time wasnt about economic position, so i fail to see what that would have to do with anything.

besides, i dont think they aggreed with me in saying that gays are better off in terms of finances than straits.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

you really should.

I'm out of here.
rolleye.gif

bourgeois
n. pl. bourgeois

adj.
aloha

Instant replay . . .

i saw that. i said that. i aggree with that.

but the discussion at the time wasnt about economic position, so i fail to see what that would have to do with anything.

besides, i dont think they aggreed with me in saying that gays are better off in terms of finances than straits.
Ok, I lied and I will try once more . . . You posted:

"most strait guys are [bourgeois] anyway"
True 'dat; but 'so what' - MOST PEOPLE are [middle class] (period)
i asked him to explain, he said cause i'm strait, i wouldnt understand.
you got him there . . . he IS clueless . . .

feel better?

:D

rolleye.gif

:p