Anyone vacation to Australia and/or New Zealand?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Just saw this thread, but I'd like to go to Australia sometime myself, would be one hell of an experience

funks

Golden Member
Nov 9, 2000
Been to New Zealand around 5 times, if you are a nature buff - then I really suggest you check it out.. Don't miss the southern island..

gsellis

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2003
I have been to Sydney for a day and a half. Short time, I recommend the zoo and the park. The park has a huge colony of fruit bats just hanging from the trees (read the warnings.) The zoo has stuff we don't normally have including dragons, walk-through with roos, and a bunch of animals from around Aus and Tasmania.

chrisms

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2003
Originally posted by: Mike
Im from San Diego though, so if it gets below 70 degrees I've got a bloody jacket on.

Aye mate, you're not in New Zealand yet!

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
My wife and I went to NZ for two weeks, it was absolutely fantastic. If you like big city stuff, lots of people, very busy areas, then you're better off heading somewhere in asia (like Japan). If you prefer relaxing, fun, outgoing, activities, NZ is the place to go. It's beautiful, lots to see and do. The whale watching (if that's something you're interested in) is amazing, I'd love to do that again.

Go check out some of the Maori towns, go to some of the volcanic areas, go see mount cook, the glow-worm caves, etc etc..... It's a great country. If it wasn't so far removed from my family and friends I'd try to move there.