Anyone using an ALPHA P3125 ?

Eric_D

Feb 12, 2000
i am thinking of using the Alpha P3125 on a Slot1 700 cB0 with a Soyo 6BA+IV motherboard. Will it fit? or cover the DIMM slots? I hear it is heavy, what kind of retention system does it use? Anyone suggest an alternative to the Alpha? Where is the best place to order from? thanks

SubzeroPC

Apr 9, 2000
The Alpha P3125 might cover the first DIMM slot, but no more. You may not even lose the first one though. If you have at least 65mm (2.6") of clear space between your CPU slot and DIMMs you will have room.

The P3125 has a fairly good retention system that includes a couple of tabs at the top that fit into the slot extension supports (the arms that fold up from the slot on the MB).

You can get more info at this link. http://www.subzeropc.com/store/alphap3125.htm

Also, last time I checked our prices where lower than millisecs :)

Subzero,

Cease spamming this forum attempting to sell your products.

AnandTech Moderator

Eric_D

Feb 12, 2000
thanks for the links guys.

Has anyone else used this Alpha. Is it worth the xtra $ or will an Orb perform as good as the Alpha?

Painman

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2000
I've used a P3125 for a long time and it's great, but I just picked up an orb to cool a FCPGA chip and I gotta say, for $15 it is a very impressive cooler. Alphas do cool better than practically anything else, but the orb is an excellent cooler and unquestionably worth the price.

-Pain