Anyone use TrueCar's program with dealers?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Finally got the car yesterday. Was $36K, less $2250 from rebates, so it came in below what I was expecting. I also picked up the road hazard warranty and pre-paid maintenance. Traded in my Escape and financed the remaining $35K at 2.88%.

DanStp

Oct 9, 1999
Truecar is a waste of time. All they will do is spam you for autos you do not want. Def use a burner phone, and email if you are going to try to use them.

I base this opinion on my experience buying two new cars over the last year. Nothing exotic, Ford Focus ST, and Ford Escape Titanium.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
One dealer did spam me with emails and some phone calls. But they did have the lowest price at the time. I just ignored the calls and I actually found another dealer that quoted me a price lower than true car and true car's listed factory price. This dealer was not listed on true car. You can find better prices just sending emails out to dealer.

Some will come back high, some will be the average msrp you see everywhere , and a few will give you the lowest possible price.