Anyone use one of those cool new universal remotes?

Quasmo

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2004
Logitech Harmony 880
/thread

I get mine today, I cant fricken wait to set it up, I have so much crap I have to control, Just the ability to setup macros is fantastic.

Rage187

Lifer
Dec 30, 2000
I got the Harmony remote for the 360

works great but had to stop using the acticities for my projector as it doesn't completely turn off my projector and wastes lamp life.

other than that it greats and replaced 5 freakin remotes.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
I have the Harmony remote 395. Its a great remote and I rarely have any problems with it. It replaced 4 remotes (It would be 5 but it refuses to recognize that there is an HDMI input on my new tv - but thats the only problem I've had in about 1.5 years)

Overall, I have heard great things about the Harmony remotes

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Quasmo
Logitech Harmony 880
/thread

I get mine today, I cant fricken wait to set it up, I have so much crap I have to control, Just the ability to setup macros is fantastic.

Had mine for about a year now. It is the greatest investment I have ever made. Now when my wife calls, it is actually about something important :)

GRIFFIN1

Golden Member
Nov 10, 1999
I had one of those large Sony remotes. Because of it's large size, you either have to use two hands or set it on something to operate the buttons on the touch screen. I was also never able to operate the "buttons" on the touch screen without looking at the screen. The remote looks cool. I used it for over a year, but I never really liked it.

jiggahertz

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2005
Originally posted by: GRIFFIN1
I had one of those large Sony remotes. Because of it's large size, you either have to use two hands or set it on something to operate the buttons on the touch screen. I was also never able to operate the "buttons" on the touch screen without looking at the screen. The remote looks cool. I used it for over a year, but I never really liked it.

Yeah I had an older remote with a touchscreen. The one thing that bothered me was that you always had to look at the keys. It also made a very faint high pitch noise when the backlight for the touch screen came on.

QurazyQuisp

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2003
I have a Harmony something... I have yet to figure out why people would ever want/need a color screen on their remote.

bcterps

Platinum Member
Aug 31, 2000
URC MX line > Logitech remotes, IMO, but you'll pay for it unless you can get a deal (I suggest eBay).

HiTek21

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2002
I use the Sony VL1000 remote. I picked it up a few years ago for 30 dollars. Pain in the but to learn all the commands but once that's done it works like a charm.

NuAlphaMan

Aug 30, 2006
Originally posted by: Quasmo
Logitech Harmony 880
/thread

What I was going to suggest! I have the 659 and I'm thinking about getting the 880! :thumbsup:

jiggahertz

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2005
Has anyone had any compatibility issues with these remotes? I have an old Go-Video DVD player that I've never been able to operate with any of the universal remotes, even with self-learning.