Anyone use a Sony Ericsson s710a?

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
Thinking about buying one. My range is around $100 on ebay, and the s710a looks like the best phone for the money.
I don't know a single person who has one though. They just didn't catch on here.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
I have a sony cell phone and not a big fan. Out of the 3 we got in the family plan 2 had to be returned and 2 more had to have their batteries replaced.

Only reason we got them was it was the free one for that month.

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
I have a sony cell phone and not a big fan. Out of the 3 we got in the family plan 2 had to be returned and 2 more had to have their batteries replaced.

Only reason we got them was it was the free one for that month.

I love my SE phones, I have just never dealt with the s710a.
I have had the t616 and the t637 and then the z520a. They were all good phones.
What phone would you suggest if not SE?

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Overall, I despise Sony cellphones. The interface isn't as intuitive as others out there, and the screen quality is lacking too. Go with Samsung ... they have great quality phones.

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
Originally posted by: Safeway
Overall, I despise Sony cellphones. The interface isn't as intuitive as others out there, and the screen quality is lacking too. Go with Samsung ... they have great quality phones.

I like the d807, but even via ebay they go for almost $200.
What are some decent Samsung phones for around $100 ebay?

ivol07

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2002
I have one and my wife has one. They both work great. Kind of big compared to some other phones, but they are great. It takes pretty good pictures too.

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
Originally posted by: ivol07
I have one and my wife has one. They both work great. Kind of big compared to some other phones, but they are great. It takes pretty good pictures too.

What is your area? How is the reception? Did you get them new, or used?

ivol07

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Zysoclaplem
Originally posted by: ivol07

What is your area? How is the reception? Did you get them new, or used?

Area: Los Angeles / North Orange County California
Reception: I would say good. Some dead spots and drops, but rare.
I got them new about two years ago. The one thing that I do have to complain about this phone is that the microphone tends to pick up a lot of your surrounding noise. If I try to talk to my wife from my car with the window open it's almost impossible. All you hear is wind noise.

Spineshank

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
SE phones are great if you get their more higher end phones. The lower end models are eh. I own a W810i.