Anyone use a External Maxtor OneTouch drive for backup before?

shurato

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2000
I'm looking to purchase an external hard drive for backup purposes for the office here. I believe this drive can backup entire HD images with a touch of the button? I've never used anything like this before, is it feasible to backup a entire Windows 2000 server nightly? And would this be a unit worth purchasing for that?

Also for this specific model, can you schedule backups at a specified time without having to press the button?
Thanks.

GoatHerderEd

Jan 11, 2001
i want to know the same thing. I wish someone would respond to this (= This is an old thread lol.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
I set up a file server where my wife works. Nero backs up to optical disk on a shedule automatically. Pull one disk, put another in for the next backup.

Funyuns101

Platinum Member
Jun 15, 2002
I've set up a couple of those... the button, in my experience, doesn't actually run the entire process... instead it launches the backup program.

it takes about 3-5 mouse clicks~

firerock

Jun 2, 2004
Or, just buy an external closure w/ your choice of HD, and Acronis TrueImage / or Norton Ghost (but I would suggest Acronis True Image), you will have a better product. I use it to image my original PC after all things are installed, and different image for all additional changes.