Anyone tried the new Rimworld expansion?

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I'm seeing a lot of mixed reviews on this one and given how much time I've sunk into the base game I'm very tempted to grab all the DLCs at once and start a new world just to see how much has changed. I know the previous two DLCs had fairly mixed receptions and I've heard that Biotech is the biggest DLC yet, but some people are still unhappy with the content vs the price.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I get a sinking feeling the answer to your thread title is "no"...
That's a very good possibility. Once I finish Dying Light 2, I might be in the mood for some full DLC Rimworld so if nobody has replied, then I can come back and offer the OP my review.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
My issue with Rimworld is getting the game going. So often I'll start a world, get a small base going, then realize I could have done something better than want to start over.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
My issue with Rimworld is getting the game going. So often I'll start a world, get a small base going, then realize I could have done something better than want to start over.
That's the beauty of Rimworld though. You can do everything right - build the perfect base with the perfect pawns, but one event takes everything down. You can't play any game with hindsight in mind because there's likely something you could have always done better but there's always a next time. Hell, my last run on Rimworld I was about 10 minutes from leaving the planet and in a bout of stupidity, I wanted to fire off my last Doomsday Launcher before I left and I accidentally told my pawn to target the enemy that was right next to my main base generator and the shuttle... Needless to say, losing that generator caused half of my turrets to go down and then I was overwhelmed.

Besides, if you get a game going and realize you could have done something better, there's really nothing stopping you from simply starting over or saving right as soon as you land and play it out how you want.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Not sure I like the Ideology DLC. I know I'm missing something and I don't fully understand all the content but at first glance it just seems like way more micromanagement for debuffs. Even when everyone in your group has the same ideology, they still require constant tending to keep them happy. Lost a few colonies already due to new arrivals turning traitors which it seems new arrivals who are seeking temporary refuge have a much higher chance to be recruited but also a higher chance to turn traitor and attack from within.