Question Anyone tried out a Tiny11 build?

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Tiny11 is a stripped down version of Windows 11. I've run it in a VM and it seems fine, its hard to get a feel for how it would run nativly though and I dont have a spare machine to run it on for testing.
Its a lot lighter than a regular Win11 install (the ISO is much smaller than the Win11 one).

Its probably a safe process as you are modifying an official Microsoft image rather than downloading an ISO from (possibly) dodgy sources.

Toms hardware has a nice runthrough.

Reactions: Shmee and KMFJD

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
I tried Ghost Spectre. I was impressed with its resource-thriftness. I assume Tiny11 is similar to Ghost Spectre? I will give it a shot.

C1

Platinum Member
Feb 21, 2008
Downloaded NTDev's TINY11 ISO (along with as much as I could until UUPDUMP again becomes available) and want to give it a try. (Will need to earmark one of my machines and install a blank HDD to give Tiny a try.)

BTW, thanks for the tip about Tiny.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Don't see the point. Disk space is relatively cheap. My games take up way more space than the OS.
It's not so much the disk space as how much stuff runs in the background on a standard win11 install. Theres a lot more CPU and memory being used in a standard install compared to the tiny11 one.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Downloaded NTDev's TINY11 ISO (along with as much as I could until UUPDUMP again becomes available) and want to give it a try. (Will need to earmark one of my machines and install a blank HDD to give Tiny a try.)

BTW, thanks for the tip about Tiny.
I used the bat file to alter an ISO from Microsoft because I'm a little paranoid about using OS ISOs from relatively unknown sources.

Nov 22, 2022
I used the bat file to alter an ISO from Microsoft because I'm a little paranoid about using OS ISOs from relatively unknown sources.

lmao... odd take... considering.. do you even know what is baked in the Tiny11 script? I would consider that just as unknown as UUPDUMP.

UUPDUMP is scripting that pulls the files directly from MS servers

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Sounds interesting, this may be the path I take when Windows 10 is no longer supported. I am wondering though, can it be installed as an upgrade? As in upgrade from Windows 10 to Tiny11 using the ISO?

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Well I tried the .bat file, but it encountered errors on a few parts, and in the end failed to create the custom ISO. I am downloading the Tiny 11 ISO currently. Will try it out.