anyone think online Auto insurance is a good idea

lotust

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2000
I got an awsome quote online. from http://www.esurance.com/ looks good. instant insurance cards as well.

my auto insurance company raised there rates 30% or more (reliance)

:( basterds.. I got a clean record as well.

Emulex

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2001
ask progressive, they will quote you up to 4 competitors (state farm fi) rates at the same time. So in essense you get like 5 quotes with one phone call. For me they are the best.

lotust

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2000
thanks i had progressive allready. there prices were too high for me. thanks though.

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
I beat em with Allstate also... U have to have Perfect Driving Record and Good Credit to get in but if you do I got a great price.

Feb 10, 2000
I am wary of insurance companies that pride themselves on being the very cheapest. I have had to file three claims on my insurance (vandalism, then theft, then a glass claim on the new car) totalling more than $24,000, and I was VERY glad to have a good insurance company (USAA).

lotust

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2000
Tee_Edwards
yeah I heard that..

I have 2 old cars though. One mustang and a 88 GMC van.. very low priced cars. low value. If I had a new card theres no way Ide get a cheap insurance Co.

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
Progressive sux bad. They actually gave me good rates, but I ended up going with someone locally.

I have a service that contacts me whenever anyone looks up my credit report and tells me who it was, etc.

The thing is Progressive has accessed my credit report many times and have continually sent me garbage in the mail. Plus I started getting other auto-related garbage in the mail short afterwards. :|

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
In my younger days I realized that there are two major criteria which influence your auto insurance rates:

1) You should be 18 or over, preferrably a female, not male.
2) Have one year of insurance with a clean driving record, after the first year your rates can drop a lot.

Oct 9, 1999
progressive is expensive.
Try Gieco they are good and relatively cheap. Mercury is also good.
If you got AAA, try them, they are the best if you got a clean record.