Anyone taken the AP US Goverment/Politics test?

DrumminBoy

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2002
The class isn't offered at our school, but our government teacher offered to teach us some supplemental stuff outside of school that would prepare us to take the AP test. He's never taught the class, and isnt familiar with the test, so I'm just wondering if its generally pretty hard, whether you have to write essays, etc. The school is paying to get us a few books, and will pay for the test if we get a 3 or above, so I'm planning to take advantage of it if its possible for me to pass without actually taking the class.

fizmeister

Oct 29, 2002
Originally posted by: dtyn
It's one of the easiest AP tests I ever took.

Agreed. I got a 5 and I don't remember a goddamn thing from the subject material now (of course, it was two years ago).

You can pass pretty much any AP (except for a language test) without taking the course. I got 4s and 5s on all of mine without taking some courses, and the guy who lived across from me freshman year got 5s on 12 exams and didn't take a course for any of them (his school didn't offer any).

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
During high school I hated government class. But I got a 4. :p

As most geeks, I liked/excelled in math/science class but only got a 3. :(

Also took history. Got a 5 on that. :)

I went on to do CS in college and hate it. Now I'm doing PoliSci and History and I like it. :confused:

Maybe these AP tests do actually somewhat represent college well. :Q

But to answer your question, as long as you have pretty good memory you shoudl do well. It's all facts and historical information basically. Then in the essays you just give your opinion supported w/ those facts and historical information.

fizmeister

Oct 29, 2002
Originally posted by: Gr1mL0cK
During high school I hated government class. But I got a 4. :p

As most geeks, I liked/excelled in math/science class but only got a 3. :(

Maybe these AP tests do actually somewhat represent college well. :Q

Yeah, if you can't get a 5 on a science AP, you may want to reconsider the subject. Those exams are so heavily curved I'd be ashamed to get even a 4.