Anyone swayed voting Obama after the 3 debates?

venkman

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2007
Obama hasn't swayed me to vote him, McCain has swayed me to NOT vote for him. due to his horrible campaign. in 2000 you couldn't find a bigger McCain fan than me, oh how the mighty has fallen. If he does end up winning, my only hope is that now he is in office, he will revert to his decent 2000-self.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: venkman
Obama hasn't swayed me to vote him, McCain has swayed me to NOT vote for him. due to his horrible campaign. in 2000 you couldn't find a bigger McCain fan than me, oh how the mighty has fallen. If he does end up winning, my only hope is that now he is in office, he will revert to his decent 2000-self.

LOL

This is the same "hope" some have about Obama. That somehow he was only playing politics when voting for telco immunities and that he will change his tune once he's in office. Fat chance.

venkman

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2007
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon

LOL

This is the same "hope" some have about Obama. That somehow he was only playing politics when voting for telco immunities and that he will change his tune once he's in office. Fat chance.

In other words, damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

SlingXShot

Jan 7, 2004

To be honest, I wouldn't vote for Obama if he ran a similar campaign... especially past week...

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
ditto...although i never was a huge mccain fan :p Mccains ideas in the last couple weeks + the comments of his VP choice + the situation she is in + the attitude of his campaign have assured himself NOT to get a vote from me.
Obama though hasn't done anything to make a good argument for himself the last few weeks either. He wont break talking points. His ideas haven't evolved with the economic situation. Each debate he looks like he would make a good president but as a conservative leaning person I'm just not convinced i want him for president.

Cattlegod

Diamond Member
May 22, 2001
I'm watching a special right now on Fox Business on the recent crash. Obama was a big proponent to the sub-prime pressure lending in the 90s. I don't plan on voting for Obama because of this.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Cattlegod
I'm watching a special right now on Fox Business on the recent crash. Obama was a big proponent to the sub-prime pressure lending in the 90s. I don't plan on voting for Obama because of this.

Yeah, Obama wasn't elected to the Senate until 2005 so clearly he was the cause of the sub prime pressure lending in the 90's.
And of course the problem has nothing to do with the loans made in the 90's. It was the loans made in the last 5 years that are 95 percent of the problem.

Congratulations! You win the I was propagandized by FoxNews despite the fact a 6 year old should have seen thru their lies award.

Taejin

Moderator<br>Love & Relationships
Aug 29, 2004

Yeah you might want to get more background from other news sources too.

SlingXShot

Jan 7, 2004

Anyone watching fox news would never vote for Obama. As anyone watching MSNBC would never vote for McCain. Obama never had your vote...

Xellos2099

Platinum Member
Mar 8, 2005
He was working with Acorn as a community organizer before in the 90s, so it is no sur[rise he supported sub-prime mortgage.

Cattlegod

Diamond Member
May 22, 2001
Originally posted by: techs

Yeah, Obama wasn't elected to the Senate until 2005 so clearly he was the cause of the sub prime pressure lending in the 90's.
And of course the problem has nothing to do with the loans made in the 90's. It was the loans made in the last 5 years that are 95 percent of the problem.

Congratulations! You win the I was propagandized by FoxNews despite the fact a 6 year old should have seen thru their lies award.

What the hell are you talking about? He was an avid supporter of ACORN in the 90s. Additionally, Obama was an attorney for one of the lawsuits against Citi. Besides, the slide started in the 70s with the government pressuring banks to make sub prime loans. Obama supported this path of destruction.

Additionally, a McCain's bill in 2006 to reform the government?s involvement in lending, the Democrats shot down (after the Democrats shot down a previous attempt two years prior to that from the Bush administration). Democrats were taking their eye off the potential problem because the 'middle class' was getting wealthy off of the housing boom.

Xellos2099

Platinum Member
Mar 8, 2005
I am pretty sure if Obama is questioned about this and he will say it is a racist question.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
No, but McCain has been so out of touch that I'd vote Obama before McCain.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000

What the hell are you talking about? He was an avid supporter of ACORN in the 90s. Additionally, Obama was an attorney for one of the lawsuits against Citi. Besides, the slide started in the 70s with the government pressuring banks to make sub prime loans. Obama supported this path of destruction.

Additionally, a McCain's bill in 2006 to reform the government?s involvement in lending, the Democrats shot down (after the Democrats shot down a previous attempt two years prior to that from the Bush administration). Democrats were taking their eye off the potential problem because the 'middle class' was getting wealthy off of the housing boom.

Not just wrong but epic fail.

Yes, my friends, Cattlegod has figured it out with the help of FoxNews. ACORN was responsible for the housing crisis.

You know, at times FoxNews makes at least a smidgeon of sense. But this is so totally off the wall, its in the realm of tin foil hats.

Had it even occurred to you to wonder why none of the CEO's thought to bring this up in front of Congress at the hearings?
No? Well, that's because it is so outrageous they would have been laughed at.

btw this is the sound of me laughing at you....bwwwwaaahahhhhhh!

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org

Except the banks that failed werent monitored under the passed legislation.

Cattlegod

Diamond Member
May 22, 2001

Not just wrong but epic fail.

Yes, my friends, Cattlegod has figured it out with the help of FoxNews. ACORN was responsible for the housing crisis.

You know, at times FoxNews makes at least a smidgeon of sense. But this is so totally off the wall, its in the realm of tin foil hats.

Had it even occurred to you to wonder why none of the CEO's thought to bring this up in front of Congress at the hearings?
No? Well, that's because it is so outrageous they would have been laughed at.

btw this is the sound of me laughing at you....bwwwwaaahahhhhhh!

so sub prime lending isn't the problem? then what caused it?

And I didn't say ACORN was responsible, I said the Democrats were.

oh, and how about making a good argument instead of making foolish wise cracks that make you look like a dolt. keep laughing with your democrat buddies all the way to the unemployment line.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
I was convinced a long time ago.

McCain is 4 more years of the same :thumbsdown:

Xellos2099

Platinum Member
Mar 8, 2005
That is because Acorn is a very very touchy subject for the government. The moment they say something about acorn the cause of the economical problem, it will be screamed as racism to people like Obama and Jessie Jackson. Don't forget they would sue the bank if they refuse to made loan to low income family. And did you know in the original bailout bill, it is said to give Acorn million of dollarw. And with the recent voter registration fraud, it kind of add up to what kind of organization Acorn is, right?

Like it or not, Acorn is part of the problem.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
No, I will go to the polls holding my nose. At least the local republican ticket is good.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon

LOL

In other words, damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

Nope. At some point or another the American public is going to have to expect our political leaders to stand on some moral ground. The way it is now is that anything goes and we *hope* for the better.