Anyone still playing EQ2? couple of quick questions...

havuk

Oct 24, 2005
I have played EQ2 off and on since it's original release, I am thinking about trying it again after hearing about all the improvements being made, can anyone suggest a good server to join with lots of folks to group up with? Last time I logged in there was like 100 total people on nektolous.

Also, if I want to get the expansions do I have to purchase all of them seperately or is there a single disk or download I can get? Thanks

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
I've been playing on and off since release as well, but on the Lucan D'lere server, which always has plenty of people. The Antonia Bayle server is usually full as well. Those are the two RP servers, busiest servers in the game. The normal servers usually have decent pops, its only the PvP and RP PvP that are vacant.

As far as buying RoK, if you get the digital download, then its just RoK. If you buy the RoK retail box, it comes with all previous expansions plus the original game. Either way, they are the same price. Buying the digital download is kind of a rip off seeing as how it only gives you RoK, but how much is the convenience factor worth to you if you already have the previous expansions?

Muscles

Jul 16, 2003
Originally posted by: Bateluer
I've been playing on and off since release as well, but on the Lucan D'lere server, which always has plenty of people. The Antonia Bayle server is usually full as well. Those are the two RP servers, busiest servers in the game. The normal servers usually have decent pops, its only the PvP and RP PvP that are vacant.

As far as buying RoK, if you get the digital download, then its just RoK. If you buy the RoK retail box, it comes with all previous expansions plus the original game. Either way, they are the same price. Buying the digital download is kind of a rip off seeing as how it only gives you RoK, but how much is the convenience factor worth to you if you already have the previous expansions?

No idea where you're getting info but you should know what you're saying is true before you spread fud.

It doesn't matter whether you get the digital download or retail copy. Both include previous expansions plus RoK. Info directly from the SOE site:
https://store.station.sony.com...EQ2RE-L2-DD1107-ROKPRE

techgamer

Sep 19, 2007
Has anyone played since they released the LoN card game on EQ? I was just reading about it on their site and was wondering if it adds any play value to the game? I havent played EQ in a few years.

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
I'd like to hear comments about the PvP servers, are they worth looking into or did they fall the same fate as the EQ PvP servers? I see Bateluer's comment about the server pop so I'm guessing so?

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Muscles
No idea where you're getting info but you should know what you're saying is true before you spread fud.

It doesn't matter whether you get the digital download or retail copy. Both include previous expansions plus RoK. Info directly from the SOE site:
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="https://store.station.sony.com/digitalDistribution/sof/digitalDistribution.jsp?SKU=EQ2RE-L2-DD1107-ROKPRE">https://store.station.sony.......E-L2-DD1107-ROKPRE</a>

I wasn't spreading FUD, that was the last word when I last looked. Granted, that was in Sept or late August. Unlike some people that can cruise the internet 24/7, I work more than full time and go to school more than full time. ;) I knew people were complaining about it, but didn't know that SOE had acted with an All-in-One digital download.

Still, it might be better to buy the retail version simply to avoid having to DL the data. Up to each individual, I suppose.

Originally posted by: techgamer
Has anyone played since they released the LoN card game on EQ? I was just reading about it on their site and was wondering if it adds any play value to the game? I havent played EQ in a few years.

I did play after LoN to the game, but never actually did anything with it. I've never been into Magic-like card games and didn't particularly see anything valuable about LoN. Still haven't done anything with it either.

Originally posted by: Oakenfold
I'd like to hear comments about the PvP servers, are they worth looking into or did they fall the same fate as the EQ PvP servers? I see Bateluer's comment about the server pop so I'm guessing so?

Might be better to ask others about the PvP in EQ2. I'm not really a PvP fan and believe that it destroys a game by attracting multitudes of shitty gamers, kids, and 'l33t d00dz'.

You can't really check the server populations for an exact number, but the PvP servers listed here have the lowest average level of their peers, specially Vox.

The RP servers have had a lot of new players join fairly recently, bringing down their average level though. I was playing during that very actively.

At the moment, my account is active, but I don't have a lot of free time to really invest in the game. My main is 67 and at that level, you kinda need to invest some effort into gaining anything. One RoK arrives though, I'll be able to quest to 70 and likely beyond with relative ease. Until then, I usually log in only every few days to check my store.