Anyone still playing CS?

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
I remember my Voodoo2 pumping some just playable FPS on that, coupled with my 400mhz celeron@540mhz ;)

Of course, at that stage, we were up to GF3s, or 4s. I was a bit behind the tech curve :eek:

So much fun!

tigersty1e

Golden Member
Dec 13, 2004
Man, I was owning on my old rig with integrated graphics.

CS also introduced me to gaming. I got 10-20 fps on that game on software (instead of openGL) and terrorized foos at my old college dorm.

JAG87

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
I still play 1.6 competively in CAL.

I think I will still play cs when im 60. even if we have brain controllers, 4D screens, and 48 channel audio. it doesnt matter. its one of those games that never dies, because its programmed to perfection for competitive play. if anyone has a team and wants to scrim against my team shoot me a pm.

Cabages

Platinum Member
Jan 1, 2006
Of course.

I play CS:S, mostly because I find the aiming in CS to be pathetic. Its an awesome game, especially fun if you can get some friends together and have a little tournament.

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
i played cs for ages until my friend needed a 6th player for his dod team. i've never gone back.

dudeman007

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2004
Originally posted by: JAG87

I think I will still play cs when im 60. even if we have brain controllers, 4D screens, and 48 channel audio. it doesnt matter. its one of those games that never dies, because its programmed to perfection for competitive play. if anyone has a team and wants to scrim against my team shoot me a pm.

I don't know about that...but it's a solid game.

JAG87

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: dudeman007

k let me rephrase that, its better than anything else that came out on the market. in all gaming history.

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005

I think thats just about right, as both teams have their short terms in weapons, objectives, etc, and their long terms in objectives and weapons. The weapons are balenced enough to have a good match going, unless everyone is an AWP zealot.

James Bond

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2005

What division?

James Bond

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2005
Originally posted by: potato28

I think thats just about right, as both teams have their short terms in weapons, objectives, etc, and their long terms in objectives and weapons. The weapons are balenced enough to have a good match going, unless everyone is an AWP zealot.

In competitive play awps don't own like in pubs. Some maps are better for awps, but there is never a situation where you would want more than a couple people on your team to have awps.

Mandin62

Mar 24, 2007
cs 1.6 is still the best online fps, hands down. It sucks because of the steap learning curve because people have been playing for so long and are just amazing. but its is solid and extremely fun, when not frustrating. source just doesnt do it for me. its to noobified. it seems like all you do in that is spray and the next thing you know boom headshot. it looks good but that can only make up for so much.

Snakexor

Golden Member
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Tizyler

What division?

I believe JAG (just a game) is central. I played against his team in CS:S open a few years ago on can't stop gaming (CSG). They are pretty friggin good, you will prolly get rolled.

Cabages

Platinum Member
Jan 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Mandin62
cs 1.6 is still the best online fps, hands down. It sucks because of the steap learning curve because people have been playing for so long and are just amazing. but its is solid and extremely fun, when not frustrating. source just doesnt do it for me. its to noobified. it seems like all you do in that is spray and the next thing you know boom headshot. it looks good but that can only make up for so much.

Really? I find it the exact opposite. I just think aiming takes a lot more practice and skill in source, where as in 1.6 it just seems so easy to fire a whole string of shots and get plenty of hits, the recoil just seems off. To each his own I guess.

CS is very good competitive. I think its about time for an update though, not just in the graphics department, but with the guns, some new maps, and some new objectives. I think the game will eventually get old, and it has been around a while.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004

I would tend to agree :)

James Bond

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Snakexor

What division?

I believe JAG (just a game) is central. I played against his team in CS:S open a few years ago on can't stop gaming (CSG). They are pretty friggin good, you will prolly get rolled.

I meant, what division in CAL?

I'm ex-Premier.

James Bond

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Cabages

Really? I find it the exact opposite. I just think aiming takes a lot more practice and skill in source, where as in 1.6 it just seems so easy to fire a whole string of shots and get plenty of hits, the recoil just seems off. To each his own I guess.

CS is very good competitive. I think its about time for an update though, not just in the graphics department, but with the guns, some new maps, and some new objectives. I think the game will eventually get old, and it has been around a while.

If they changed any of the guns/recoil in 1.6 there would be riots all over the US probably.

If you are looking for "updates" though, check out www.cspromod.com. It's been a couple years in development (was supposed to be released march'06), but hopefully it will be worth it. Their goal is to bring together the CS and CS:S competitive communities, and make one large one to excel eGaming.

It is basically 1.6, but with Source graphics.

JAG87

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Tizyler I play cal-im right now. And no, I dont play source in CAL so I dont know wtf snakexor is talking about. obviously its another player.
but he is right about me rolling you :D. we have beaten premiere teams when we were still in cal-o, and they said if cal-o players beat premiere players, they must be hacking. :p i take that as a compliment.

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: potato28

In competitive play awps don't own like in pubs. Some maps are better for awps, but there is never a situation where you would want more than a couple people on your team to have awps.

Well I'm not talking about owning... most people that play pub suck with the awp. I take pleasure in knifing them when they aim :D