Anyone start making New Years Eve plans yet?

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Im thinking of doing the same thing as last year. We got a really nice hotel room with an amazing view at the Baltimore harbor and ate a a harbor restaurant. I gotta call up and see if anything is still available.

L

Lola

I was thinking of what to do, but since we are going on vacation earlier in december, i dont need/want to spend loads on NYE.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: LolaWiz
I was thinking of what to do, but since we are going on vacation earlier in december, i dont need/want to spend loads on NYE.

With a bunch of things to save up for in the coming year (new car, school loans to pay off, engagement, we're gonna take it easy this xmas. I think we set a $100 budget. But to make up for it, we're going half on all New Years Eve stuff as a goft to each other.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
I don't even know what I'm doing this evening, let alone NYE.

Normally it's just a bunch of us getting together at somebody's apartment, doing kareoke and getting trashed.

Liviathan

Platinum Member
Feb 21, 2001
I usually go skiing the last week of the year, so where ever I end up, I'll do something there.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Nope, probably won't do anything.

The woman and I got the partying out of our systems some time ago and neither of us really care to drink, would rather just spend the night in.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: neutralizer
WTF... it's the middle of the summer.

Ever try to book a room somewhere for New Years Eve in December, or even try to book a reservation at a nice restaurant?

It's impossible

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Agreed w/ everyone else: It's not after 12/25, NYE isn't on the list yet.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
Originally posted by: MisterJackson
How do you know she'll be with you then????

She's not going anywhere if she knows whats good for her :laugh:

Never say Never...learned thast the hard way.

Ausm

Blazin Trav

Banned
Dec 14, 2004
The only holiday I really care about is Christmas...

sounds good if you need to book a hotel like that, go for it.

Jikininki

Mar 21, 2006
heh...you think this is bad? I know people who have already booked hotel rooms for July 2007. Crazy crazy peeps, i tell ya.

but thanks for the thread krunchy....now my bf and I are thinking about nye plans too and throwing ideas around.

Oh and I just came back from a weekend in Baltimore...it's such a lovely place..even with the crazy Otakon-ers and Yankee fans (w00t yankees!). The only thing that sucked was the light rail but other than that...Baltimore is definitely one of my top places to visit.

SmackD

Feb 20, 2004
What hotel did you stay at in baltimore? I'm from the area and you got me thinking about doing the same thing =P.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: SmackD
What hotel did you stay at in baltimore? I'm from the area and you got me thinking about doing the same thing =P.

I think it was called the Harbor Court, something like that. Right by the harbor.

SmackD

Feb 20, 2004
Yea that's the one I was looking at... did you get a good view of the fireworks in the harbor? It's pricey was it worth it?