Anyone ship to Ukraine ? sold a phone on ebay..just curious

compguy786

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
Guys,

Sold my broken HTC HD2 on ebay today, and the buyer is from ukraine. I was a bit skeptical as the person has 0 feedback on ebay. However, i called paypal and they said that the payment he sent was legit.

I have received the payment, but the funds will not be released until the 8th or if i ship sooner. I have the guys' address, but i cant even google map it..it pops up as czech republic or something, and i cant even get a quote. i think i am typing it wrong.

Any ideas ?

FleshLight

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2004
You will send it through USPS 1st Class International with no delivery confirmation. Guy will say he never got the phone and paypal rules in his favor.

compguy786

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
Was planning to send it USPS Priority with delivery confirmation.

My friend at work advised me to go with DHL as they go straight to the door, while USPS hands it off to their government postal service.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
LMFAO you sold to a guy in ukraine with 0 rating? I won't even sell to Canadians. Not because they're worse but across international lines it just becomes more of a chore.

compguy786

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
LMFAO you sold to a guy in ukraine with 0 rating? I won't even sell to Canadians. Not because they're worse but across international lines it just becomes more of a chore.

true...but i just need it sold. Paypal says its legit...but ill contact ebay as well and see what i can do.

compguy786

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
Well, i haven't fully accepted it. Guy just bought it. Im going to do some research before i ship it.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
So how do i, as the buyer, get protected ?
Keep a copy of Paypal correspondence stating that the buyer is clean. Assuming eBay will acknowledge Paypal statements. Check with them for sure.
Send with insurance coverage and signature required to the address/name that Paypal approved. Which ever method you use does not matter, DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc.

As long as you have the signature and insurance w/ the proper address as acknowledged by Paypal; you are covered.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Well, i haven't fully accepted it. Guy just bought it. Im going to do some research before i ship it.

Yes, you have "fully accepted it", whatever the hell that means. You listed it, he won the auction, and paid for it.

Deal is done, good luck.

compguy786

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
OP you need to look into the ebay options for zero feedback buyers and international sales. You can block both.

Got it. Let me hear back from paypal, So i can have it in writing, and then i will see my options. 60% chance i will just refund

Gintaras

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000

You're a chore, not only not able to manufacture phones or anything else , but able just to brake not learning really and fully how to use it.

This have no chores:

PA106333_0.jpg

To bring underwear, phones etc to 'chores'...Why chores? Because chores(not having money to pay something received from China) want to sell and get paid from buyer, for what seller - a chore didn't pay yet to manufacturer - China...

Chores are those, who didn't pay for goods they've received and want to re-sell to others for REAL MONEY...This is scam...a Global Scam...

Canadians, ukranians are bad? Huh?

Own shit doesn't smell?

compguy786

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
Im not against anyone, but i spoke with both Ebay and Paypal, and they cleared it. Going to ship with tracking number (always do) and make sure that this is the case. Ill go ahead and ship it because i received the funds.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
OP, would you trust paypal not to screw you over if this buyer was in Nigeria? Ukraine is pretty damn close to Nigeria as far as trustworthiness goes. You'd probably have more luck leaving the phone on a bench in a crowded city park & coming back a day later to see if it's still there.