Anyone ship to Ukraine ? sold a phone on ebay..just curious

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ms. DICKINSON

Golden Member
May 17, 2010
bit.ly
Don't do it. I went through a shitty week a while ago with a buyer from Brazil. I sold a 30$ worh of mp3 player and the dude said he didnt get it. Ebay took 30$ from my ppal and I was -60$ (a product + 30$). I posted about it up here, eBay/ppal sided with the buyer. Afterward, I gave eBay a "end of biz" email and they reimbursed me every penny. We're cool now.

Last edited:

FleshLight

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2004
You're a chore, not only not able to manufacture phones or anything else , but able just to brake not learning really and fully how to use it.

This have no chores:

PA106333_0.jpg

To bring underwear, phones etc to 'chores'...Why chores? Because chores(not having money to pay something received from China) want to sell and get paid from buyer, for what seller - a chore didn't pay yet to manufacturer - China...

Chores are those, who didn't pay for goods they've received and want to re-sell to others for REAL MONEY...This is scam...a Global Scam...

Canadians, ukranians are bad? Huh?

Own shit doesn't smell?

This is the best post in this thread

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Bah...go ahead...what's the worst that could happen?

Only a moron would do sell to someone in the Ukraine who has ZERO feedback. I'd be hesitant if the buyer had 10,000 positive and 0 negative...just because it's a foreign buyer and if you get ripped off...you don't have any recourse.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
You're a chore, not only not able to manufacture phones or anything else , but able just to brake not learning really and fully how to use it.

This have no chores:

PA106333_0.jpg

To bring underwear, phones etc to 'chores'...Why chores? Because chores(not having money to pay something received from China) want to sell and get paid from buyer, for what seller - a chore didn't pay yet to manufacturer - China...

Chores are those, who didn't pay for goods they've received and want to re-sell to others for REAL MONEY...This is scam...a Global Scam...

Own shit doesn't smell?

Huh? What? While your English is certainly better than my Chinese,m (or whatever your native language happens to be) Your post doesn't make any fucking sense. I suspect that either you don't know the meaning of the work "chore," or it has a totally different meaning to you than the commonly accepted definition...

Definition of CHORE

plural : the regular or daily light work of a household or farm
: a routine task or job
: a difficult or disagreeable task<doing taxes can be a real chore>

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006

This have no chores:

PA106333_0.jpg

Own shit doesn't smell?

Try English next time.

Sep 12, 2004
<-- eBay powerseller with over 7000 feedback

I've shipped to the Ukraine 30+ times and have never had a single problem with a buyer from there. However, I've never sold to a buyer with 0 feedback.

Send it First Class International as registered mail. It can be tracked to the destination and that meets the PayPal requirements if the buyer does try to screw you. As long as tracking information is available PayPal will rule in your favor if the buyer tries to claim the package never arrived.

Ricochet

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
You will send it through USPS 1st Class International with no delivery confirmation. Guy will say he never got the phone and paypal rules in his favor.

Happen to me once. Never going to repeat that mistake. I was lucky it was only RAM that I sold.

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
Use Paypal to reject the payment and refund the buyer. Eat the eBay fees as a lesson learned. Sell the phone on Craigslist or at least eBay to someone domestic.

compguy786

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
Don't do it. I went through a shitty week a while ago with a buyer from Brazil. I sold a 30$ worh of mp3 player and the dude said he didnt get it. Ebay took 30$ from my ppal and I was -60$ (a product + 30$). I posted about it up here, eBay/ppal sided with the buyer. Afterward, I gave eBay a "end of biz" email and they reimbursed me every penny. We're cool now.

Interesting, Did you ship it with tracking though ?

compguy786

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
<-- eBay powerseller with over 7000 feedback

I've shipped to the Ukraine 30+ times and have never had a single problem with a buyer from there. However, I've never sold to a buyer with 0 feedback.

Send it First Class International as registered mail. It can be tracked to the destination and that meets the PayPal requirements if the buyer does try to screw you. As long as tracking information is available PayPal will rule in your favor if the buyer tries to claim the package never arrived.

I plan on shipping it with USPS Priority with Tracking. I always get tracking to make sure it actually gets there. I needed feedback from someone like you. Paypal says its legit, so does Ebay. Member joined aug 2011. I will ship it, but i have tracking, so i cant get screwed over. And i have emails from the member confirming their address as well.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I plan on shipping it with USPS Priority with Tracking. I always get tracking to make sure it actually gets there. I needed feedback from someone like you. Paypal says its legit, so does Ebay. Member joined aug 2011. I will ship it, but i have tracking, so i cant get screwed over. And i have emails from the member confirming their address as well.

Wanna bet? The buyer receives the phone...says it's broken...Paypal sides with him...you get screwed.

I quit doing any business with Paypal several years ago. Nowadays, if the buyer won't accept a cashier's check...I don't buy.

Once Ebay started REQUIRING sellers to accept Paypal payments...I stopped selling there.

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
I didnt expect this to be a legit thread. I assumed some kind of parody/joke was involved.

seriously man, Ukraine?

compguy786

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
Wanna bet? The buyer receives the phone...says it's broken...Paypal sides with him...you get screwed.

I quit doing any business with Paypal several years ago. Nowadays, if the buyer won't accept a cashier's check...I don't buy.

Once Ebay started REQUIRING sellers to accept Paypal payments...I stopped selling there.

The phone is already broken. touchscreen does not work. I MADE sure the buyer knew, he verified. All of this is in my ebay messages and my gmail as well.

Oct 20, 2005

You actually didn't lose $60. You only lost $30, the value of the mp3 player.

The $30 in cash that paypal removed from your account was the $30 you got for payment, so essentially you just didn't get paid. But since you don't have your mp3 player either, that means you are out only your MP3 player.

Last edited:

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
When I used eBay and PayPal, I only sold to the 48 states. Period.

Not worth the hassle otherwise. You already wasted more time and braincells on this than it was ever worth.

MotionMan

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
The phone is already broken. touchscreen does not work. I MADE sure the buyer knew, he verified. All of this is in my ebay messages and my gmail as well.
You can't have sold this for much anyway.

BTW "paypal says it's legit" doesn't mean much. Maybe the stolen credit card hasn't been reported yet.

You have no protection selling online, none at all. I paid $40 a while back to some guy. He never shipped the product. I claimed it with paypal, they found for me but guess what, the $40 isn't coming my way because the guy didn't have that in his account, so i was fvcked. Oh wait, actually I wasn't. Since I had used not paypal cash (NEVER have a balance there), but instead my credit card I just disputed it with my CC and paypal took the hit. Their guarantee is worth the paper it's written on (i.e. nothing).

compguy786

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
Due to everyones posts etc etc blah blah. i said f$&#37;^ it and refunded the money. Sending to ukraine sounded crazy. 48 states is what i do too.

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
Good choice, I sell internationally only if its hard to sell item and not too high value. Successfully shipped to Spain, South Korea, Australia, India, Russia, and some other. For a desirable phone like HTC, selling in US should be very easy so why bother with international sales.

dualsmp

Golden Member
Aug 16, 2003
You will send it through USPS 1st Class International with no delivery confirmation. Guy will say he never got the phone and paypal rules in his favor.

There is a good chance of this happening even with delivery confirmation (it doesn't seem to matter to Paypal), and there is nothing you can do.

Someone over at [H] had a similar story. Sold his phone on ebay to someone in Russia for $400, then about a month later the dude in Russia claimed he never received the phone. Paypal then favors with dude in Russia and he gets his money back, the seller is screwed.

Oct 20, 2005
Due to everyones posts etc etc blah blah. i said f$%^ it and refunded the money. Sending to ukraine sounded crazy. 48 states is what i do too.

Just FYI. Even real banks (paypal isn't a bank) can tell you a check has cleared, is good, legit, etc....then a few days later it gets flagged as a bad check and they will deduct that amount from your account.

So if that can happen at a real bank, think about the stuff that can happen with using paypal.