Anyone seen this skater punk video?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
You know what's worse than "beer muscles"? GUN MUSCLES. Everyone thinks they're Dirty Harry and they're gonna pack some heat and save the world.

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
I know what I would have done: Stayed in the United States...

but I can't help but wonder if a bystander shooting to kill that guy during the attack would have even landed him in mexican jail if he went straight for the border afterwards... somehow I can't see Mexico being as litigation happy in those cases as we are...

chocobaR

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2001
I saw a fight in High School where a guy got hit with a skateboard on the face. It went POCK and the guy's face was bloody. I was like :Q!

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
I think the bloodiest fight I've seen was here in downtown Athens, GA. People tend to get pretty drunk/belligerent on Thursday night while out at the bars, and so sometimes altercations break out. I happened to be leaving a bar when this happened, and the offender-guy was thrown outside by the bouncers. There were two uniformed police officers outside who then tried to carry him away...and mr. genius decides to try and attack them. I've never seen a swarm of 10 cops move so fast.

The blood came in after the guy got knocked onto a few trashbags full of empty beer bottles. Between that and his multiple head wounds, he was beat up pretty bad. And he STILL resisted arrest.

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
Originally posted by: chocobaR
I saw a fight in High School where a guy got hit with a skateboard on the face. It went POCK and the guy's face was bloody. I was like :Q!

i've seen a guy get stabbed over a game of craps
i've also seen a guy get pounded with a master lock to a bloody pulp.

blakeatwork

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
what the hell??

I know some people are just assholes, but seriously, this guy just needs to get the shyte punded out of him, and then have someone pound it back in...

I don't think I would've taken the first swing, but after he swung once with the board, he bloody better hope he kills me with the first shot.. because I don't think I'd stop until he was seriously hurt..

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: blakeatwork
what the hell??

I know some people are just assholes, but seriously, this guy just needs to get the shyte punded out of him, and then have someone pound it back in...

I don't think I would've taken the first swing, but after he swung once with the board, he bloody better hope he kills me with the first shot.. because I don't think I'd stop until he was seriously hurt..

OK, I think you should go back and watch the video AGAIN. The guy that got smashed with the skateboard had apparently been drinking a bit, evidenced by his slow reactions. Now, you take that, and then you put it together with getting smashed in the head with the TRUCK SIDE of a skateboard, and I DARE you to tell me that you'd be back up on your feet lickety split and stomping on someone.

Seriously, there are WAY to many tough guys here, talking all kinds of sh|t. Put yourself in the SAME situation under the SAME circumstances and honestly tell me you'd fare better?

sparkyclarky

Platinum Member
May 3, 2002
On certain occassions, there needs to be mandatory execution within society. I would be glad to kill him in cold blood, and I honestly would feel little to no remorse.

Winchester

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
OMG! What is up with the bystanders? I was expecting him to hit the girl after he hit the guy, wonder if anyone would have done anything then? I would have whipped his arse...

hevnsnt

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
Originally posted by: slick230
what the hell??

OK, I think you should go back and watch the video AGAIN. The guy that got smashed with the skateboard had apparently been drinking a bit, evidenced by his slow reactions. Now, you take that, and then you put it together with getting smashed in the head with the TRUCK SIDE of a skateboard, and I DARE you to tell me that you'd be back up on your feet lickety split and stomping on someone.

Seriously, there are WAY to many tough guys here, talking all kinds of sh|t. Put yourself in the SAME situation under the SAME circumstances and honestly tell me you'd fare better?

Apparently you would sit there and take it as well.. It is hard to say what you would do in that situation, but trust me I am more apt to fight if I had been drinking.. (just probably not as well :p)

PCMarine

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2002
That's why my friend who teaches martial arts is teaching me Karate. That guy would have gone from swinging the skateboard to down on the ground writhing in pain due to a broken arm in 5, maybe 6 seconds.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
I wish someone would try sh*t like that when I was around. I guarantee it'd be the last time they even thought about it. I'm surprised no one else had the guts to help out the guy in the street.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
OMG! WTF is wrong with all the people!?!?

"Ohhhhh!"

"Ahhhhh!"

"OOOHHHHH!!!"

And the girl is the only one to try and stick up for the dude?

WTF.

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
I had a roommate in college who used to beat up drunks. I imagine he is where this guy is headed... prison. Too bad they won't let him bring his board.

DaviDaVinci

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000
Originally posted by: gururu

what pisses me off even more is that NONE of the bystanders helped the victims out. They should have all jumped and beat him to a pulp.

I would have taken my car and ran him over a few times.

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
I've beat the sh1t of guys like him for way less. If he hit me with a skateboard and I may not think twice about trying to seriously cripple him and make it look like an accident.

blakeatwork

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: slick230
what the hell??

True enough, and I'm not disagreeing that I wouldn't be a bit stunned, assuming of course he actually hit me...

My premise is based on the assumption that I wasn't drunk, of course, which would drastically improve my chances of blowing his board off his head..

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'm certainly no tough guy, but if confronted with the same situation while out, my friends would've equalized the situation.

Rapidskies

Golden Member
May 27, 2003
Skater guy will be in jail/prison/dead before long. I just feel sorry for the people he will hurt before he ends up there. Also whats up with the girls cheering as the doofus rides his skateboard over their car?

JHoNNy1OoO

Golden Member
Oct 18, 2003
Definate 8-9.

Poor guy. :/ I got smacked once in the head by mistake with a backpack with like 20 lbs of books in it and got dazed pretty bad. I can't even begin to imagine the pain and confusion coming from multiple blows to the head like that. A good lawyer could make a case that the skater guy was trying to kill the victim because once he was on the ground he proposed no immediate danger to him and then going and hitting him multiple times in the head was just for fun and because he was a freaking wuss. :(

Most likely those people didn't help because they were completely stunned by whats happening. So many prank shows and "reality" tv shows that you don't know if it's a joke or not. I know if it would've been me I would've just looked in awe but sure as hell I wouldn't of let that guy ride off on his freaking skateboard. The least I would've done is follow him while on the phone with the cops.

People like that don't deserve to live. :mad:

fumbduck

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2001
i bet it's set up, that was probably a stuntman getting hit in the head with a soft skate board or something...

like in wrestling, you hit certain parts of the head so it doesn't hurt as much, with chairs and whatnot.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Looks like a setup. No moron would do something like that on tape. They have witnesses who can recognize him, and a video to prove what he did. Now if he is someone who is visting that area, and lives hundreds of miles away, then probably he would have the balls to do that.