Anyone seen the alternate ending to I Am Legend?

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
i hooked it up with the rita g name.. hook it up with a link to the vid

edit: cool ty

overst33r

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2004

thedarkwolf

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Think that was actually worse then the ending they went with. Its not suppose to have a happy ending.

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I just watched the flick and thought, "pity, could have been good" but the alt. ending is downright pathetic. If the monsters were toned down quite a bit it would have been notably improved (given the original ending).

There's no rationale for them to be Ubermenschen. They are friggin' ill. Yet they sprint like cheetahs, leap like lemurs, and climb like climby things; they can demolish ceilings and roofs with their bare hands and throw each other around; they rawrrr like lions and can open their mouths almost as wide (repeatedly!).

Perhaps if actors had been used rather than poor CGI, the film makers would not have strayed so far from reason and therefore produced a more engaging story. As it is, all a viewer can do is scoff as they are repelled from suspending disbelief by the absurdity.

Epic Fail

Diamond Member
May 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Auric
I just watched the flick and thought, "pity, could have been good" but the alt. ending is downright pathetic. If the monsters were toned down quite a bit it would have been notably improved (given the original ending).

There's no rationale for them to be Ubermenschen. They are friggin' ill. Yet they sprint like cheetahs, leap like lemurs, and climb like climby things; they can demolish ceilings and roofs with their bare hands and throw each other around; they rawrrr like lions and can open their mouths almost as wide (repeatedly!).

Perhaps if actors had been used rather than poor CGI, the film makers would not have strayed so far from reason and therefore produced a more engaging story. As it is, all a viewer can do is scoff as they are repelled from suspending disbelief by the absurdity.

Good review. The monsters sound like a progress from human beings.

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007
Originally posted by: Auric

The book explains it more.