Anyone seen American Beauty?

Scrapster

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2000
It just started on HBO. I haven't seen it yet. Pretty cool so far. That chick is HOT!

Scrapster

BA

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 1999
How about: Who hasn't seen it?

And chick, Mena Suvari? I don't get it, but to each his own.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah, I think it's a great movie.

RE: Mena Suvari...I think she's pretty good lookin', a friend of mine thinks she looks like an alien. :Q :D

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
Gotta love it when the wife asks who's car that is in the driveway. Oddly enough that same scene has been repeated at Sluggo's house many times. :D

Scrapster

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2000
Good movie.

I'm a little confused on who actually shot him. The wife acted like she was preparing to do it, but then the neighbor dude had blood all over himself. Anyone know?

At any rate, I'm happy. I got to see Mena Suvari with her shirt off!

:)

Scraps

Hoeboy

Banned
Apr 20, 2000
the wife backed out at the end and ran to her room to cry. she hugged her warddrobe. a symbol of her once again seeking materialism to comfort her miserable life. the gay marine dad was the killer. he finally stopped denying his homosexual tendencies and opened up to kevin spacey but got turned down. hence the blood on shirt and hence the missing gun on his shelf. wasn't that pretty obvious?

Scrapster

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2000
Yeah, at first I thought she was just reacting to her husbands death. But then I thought, (once I got the image of mena out of my mind) she was going to kill him anyways, so I don't know EXACTLY why she was crying. Though she was a very emotional person. The neighbors dog could have peed on her rose garden and she would start balling.

Scraps

Asha'man

Oct 15, 1999
Yep definately a great movie.

i say it was definately the neighbour killing him. Definately.

/Asha'man