Anyone seeing Exorcist tomorrow?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Did any of you see Event Horizon when it was playing in the Theatres? Thought that was pretty scary when I saw it in the theatres. >>

hell yes. One of my favorite movies...Mr. Fishburne kicks arse!

Gizmology

Banned
Jul 31, 2000
Another one I haven't seen is The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Heard that was pretty brutal.

And about Event Horizon. I saw it when it first came out in the theatres. It was incredible, I'd never seen so many people scared by a movie in the theatres (myself included).

-Giz

Jun 18, 2000
I saw Event Horizon. For some reason me and my buds didn't like it all.

The plot was a bit thin, which made all the gore and frightening scenes... well unfrightening.

Robert01

Golden Member
Aug 13, 2000
Event Horizon didn't scare me at all .. was it supposed to be?

Texas Massacre is not entirely scary, but more on the creepy side. Especially the whole &quot;family&quot; thing.

The re-release of The Exorcist, as earlier mentioned, will contain about 20 more minutes of additional footage. It will add more element to the story (although the spider walking scene is different, WTF would she be walking like that, come on..). For example, the younger priest asks to older one why Satan would tortue such innocent people. The ending is a bit different. In the first movie, the director left the audience to their own conclusions. In the new movie, it will pretty much run with the &quot;good over evil&quot; ideal (I think one of the guys comes closer to God or something like that).

The Catholic Church stated that the exorcism scenes were accurate. However, the church considers the movie blasphemy due to &quot;crucifixion&quot; scene.

I might see the movie if it wasn't for the excellent makeup done.

Tetsuo316

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2000
I saw it for the first time at home by myself about two years ago. I was 18 at the time, and because of the ambiguous ending, and because of the subject/makeup/acting/dialogue/etc, I just curled up in the fetal postion and stayed that way for about half an hour. I didn't want to leave my house for about two days. What a great movie =D =D =D =D =D

WilsonCat

Nov 12, 1999
Saw Exorcist many years ago. I didn't like it that much, maybe it is worth another go. As for the scariest movie, my vote goes to:

THE SHINING

THAT movie scared the piss out of me when I was young. It still manages to give me the willies. A masterpiece.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000

<< I just curled up in the fetal postion and stayed that way for about half an hour >>

Funny, too funny! ;)