Anyone Running NiceHash?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Turned it on this morning - I woke up to my bedroom a nice frosty 54F this morning due to a power flicker that took my thermostat offline last night. I figured may as well heat the room while making some money.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
i thought about running nicehash on my 3090 but i don't want to burn the thing up
I've been running Nicehash on my 3090 for about a week. If you change your mind, be sure to run HWiNFO64 to check the 3090's memory temperature. I did and found out that my memory temp was running over 110C, which was causing the card to throttle. I've since removed my overclock, and now have the 3090 underclocked.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
If you sign up for a Coinbase account, they also have promo videos that you can watch for a few bucks of various shitcoins. If you sell them and buy some Bitcoin or Ethereum with the proceeds, that might also be worth something someday. If you live in the US, you're supposed to report the crypto sale on your taxes, so maybe it's not worth the hassle?

I don't know if that's necessarily the best idea. I did those free quizzes on Coinbase to get alt-coins, and every single alt-coin has gone up in value. Some of them have been fairly modest (I think Stellar is up like 30%) but others have gone up considerably more. I can't remember the exact amounts off the top of my head as the free amounts were as low as $2 to as high as $10, but I think my best was $9 jumping to ~$18?

I actually have more Stellar lying around in a cold wallet, so that's not too bad for me.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I don't know if that's necessarily the best idea. I did those free quizzes on Coinbase to get alt-coins, and every single alt-coin has gone up in value. Some of them have been fairly modest (I think Stellar is up like 30%) but others have gone up considerably more. I can't remember the exact amounts off the top of my head as the free amounts were as low as $2 to as high as $10, but I think my best was $9 jumping to ~$18?

I actually have more Stellar lying around in a cold wallet, so that's not too bad for me.

Yeah... I noticed that a few of them went up, but most of them didn't go up as much at Bitcoin and Ethereum did over the last six months. I have a hunch that those two will hold their value better over the next correction as well.