Anyone remember the game Street Rod?

DaLeroy

Golden Member
Dec 4, 2000
I think it came out in about 94ish, in the good 'ol EGA graphics (I think number 2 had VGA). Kickass car game where you had to buy your cars out the paper and take em to a garage and put in motors, carbies, tunnel rams, exhausts and stuff and then race them on street....

Anyone play it? I really think that they should make a new one with today's graphics and engines.....one of the best games I ever played on the 286 :)

WhiteWonder

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
i remember it, you could race for pink slips, and the cops would show up sometimes,

great old skool game

s0viet

Sep 25, 2001
"Street Rod, Now theres a name I havent heard in a long time." couldnt help myself:)
A classic game, truely classic and unique, and most likely never to be seen again or anything like it, unless it has dance music or heads being torn off by bullets fired from CS dudes. Oh well, atleast us old timers have our memories.

Now where did I put my keys?

kazeakuma

Golden Member
Feb 13, 2001
I remember that game, I actually have it still. Sitting on my HD. Along with number 2 but two was ridiculously hard.
I think I might go play it now :p

Oh yeah, the only similar thing I have heard of lately is the EA game Motorcity Online or something. Sounds interesting anyway.

LordThing

Golden Member
Jun 8, 2001
I played that one alot on my old 486dx33. One game I had 5 cars at the end of the summer and sold off all of them but the one I liked. Then re-did the whole car with new everything and still had $45,000 left over for my summer's work, and STILL the hot chick that you were racing for didn't want to go out with me. :) Heck, 45 grand would buy you one heck of a house in the 50s (when this game supposedly took place). :)

CobaltGrC

Sep 25, 2001
I played both Hot Rod 1 and Hot Rod 2. both are equally good. I think there is a game coming out that is going to be like the hot rod's, only it's going to be Online. I think Sierra is producing it, and is it called Motorcity? I don't know. I remember reading about it in a PC gamer, but I can't seem to find it anywhere......

hungrypete

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2000
yep, and now I have NFS MCO to relive the glory days! I played Street Rod 2 for a long time, I was a drag racin foo!