Anyone playing Endless Legend

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
lol, that's pretty much how I always played civ: stack my armies at the border, negotiate open borders to get a free ~2-turn pass to then blitz my way into their cities on the next go. :)

ha you're favorite leader must be Monty :)

The other thing that annoys me in Endless Legend is trying to complete those quests where you have to send out troops a billion miles away and there's no way to keep them alive.

I guess I'm just a Civ player at heart.

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
My problem is I've got my Broken Lords build min/maxed to the point where if I can last through the first two ages, I'm going to be steamrolling everything at the end. But every time I play as a different race, I wish I was playing my Broken Lords. The Forgotten would probably be my second choice. Still can't figure out how the Necro's seem to be so much more powerful early game for the AI than me. I've yet to find a way to make the Wild Walkers work for me. The Cultists end up being a crappier version of how I play Broken Lords. Still on the fence about Allayi.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
ha you're favorite leader must be Monty :)
The other thing that annoys me in Endless Legend is trying to complete those quests where you have to send out troops a billion miles away and there's no way to keep them alive.

I think I did play Montezuma once or twice back in Civ 3 or 4, but not 5. I think I've only played 2 games of Civ 5 so far--currently up to turn ~30 or 40 or something. That's actually why I'm messing around with El right now--because I still couldn't get Civ 5 going, but it is much better than release which turned me off.

I really liked Elemental (the horribly broken game that became Fallen Enchantress/Legendary Heroes), and EL is really just a much better, far more perfect version of that...combat is still awful as people say, but there is always auto complete.

I guess I'm just a Civ player at heart.
My problem is I've got my Broken Lords build min/maxed to the point where if I can last through the first two ages, I'm going to be steamrolling everything at the end. But every time I play as a different race, I wish I was playing my Broken Lords. The Forgotten would probably be my second choice. Still can't figure out how the Necro's seem to be so much more powerful early game for the AI than me. I've yet to find a way to make the Wild Walkers work for me. The Cultists end up being a crappier version of how I play Broken Lords. Still on the fence about Allayi.

I'm currently on a game with the Wild Walkers (recommended easy/standard mode to figure out the game), but I really want to try Broken Lords or Necro's next. From what I've read, Necro's are best used if they are out of the gate attacking minor factions and other empires, especially in multiplayer. Maybe the AI is more aggressive than you play them? But the AI for my neighboring Necro group seems terrible. They recently expanded next to one of my borders but have barely threatened me. Early they had one hero+mele unit running around that ambushed my hero group on its way to a quest, and proceeded to destroy that group. There was no way to beat them, so I just reset and retreated, carried on. about 30 turns later, I have lapped all other empires and especially those Necros with production and army size--with lvl 1 special weapons and lvl 2 augmented armor, I now have 2 solid armies (one without hero) of my WW archers and big tree face-smashing things. I've also got delvers and eyeless ones assimilated, so I can build those units.

I'm thinking that it's time to start raising the necro cities if I can. --you can occupy and convert other empire cities and regions, right?

I've found that winning that first era luxury quest is huge: 150 free wine keeps me on Fervent 100% of the time, along with targeted placement of cities.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Hah! Just noticed that I have already completed the Era 4 Legendary Deed "Glorious Father" for having a happiness rating of 100 in my empire, and that happened barely halfway into Era 2. So I guess once that era is unlocked, I get an immediate +100% dust boost. Wine is really, really good.