Anyone play MAFIA

Net

Golden Member
Aug 30, 2003

I can't figure figure out how to turn. I can only move forward, backward, right and left.

I'm at the beginning where I am running to salaries bar. The bar is to the right but all I can do is side step. How do i turn to the right?

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Mafia was awesome, and gets better the further you get into it. The one race mission was impossible for me, but there's a trick that makes it easy.

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
It was a very good game but somewhere between not being able to beat the race mission and the game being so long I got annoyed and just quit. Which I regretted later, but didn't feel like reinstalling.

Sam25

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2008
Yeah, me too had a hard time with that race mission...but this really was such a great game.

Been waiting for Mafia II! :)

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
I never got what people's problem was with the race mission.
That said, on my second play through I ended up in a dead heat with one of the other guys, but got the win, which was pretty awesome.

JerYnkFan

Apr 18, 2006
I had a problem with the race mission also. I think I finally found a way to cheat LOL. The game was awesome and had a REALLY good story.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: zerocool84
This game is still fairly expensive for how old it is. I haven't played it but want to.

Better find a copy so you can play it before Mafia II comes out (later this year). As for graphics, the game still looks pretty good.

Sam25

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2008
Originally posted by: bamacre
Originally posted by: zerocool84
This game is still fairly expensive for how old it is. I haven't played it but want to.

Better find a copy so you can play it before Mafia II comes out (later this year). As for graphics, the game still looks pretty good.

So Mafia II is being released later this year....awesome! I've seen the screenshots for Mafia II and they look very good. I'll install Mafia again and re-play it once more before that. :)

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Sam25
Yeah, me too had a hard time with that race mission...but this really was such a great game.

Been waiting for Mafia II! :)

I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel, but I don't think it's supposed to be until the end of this year. The teasers/trailers look amazing.