Anyone own the ECS p4s8ag?

PeteyBoy23

Nov 27, 2000
Anyone own the ECS p4s8ag? If you do, any feedback? Can you overclock, even a little? Thanks a ton!

wetcat007

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2002
I havn't heard many success stories of ocing ECS boards... they can be known well as cheap crap.

PeteyBoy23

Nov 27, 2000
I have ECS boards, and they are great boards. Not big overclockers, because they don't have the settings or the volt mods, but they are great boards, seriously. I want to know if anyone has this particular board. Thanks.

SinfulWeeper

Diamond Member
Sep 2, 2000
With aftermarket BIOS's, people are getting them to OC including myself. But the thought of ECS.... :disgust:. I just got one in the FS/FT forums and it was bad out of the box.

I hear this is quite common with them. But in my lifetime I only bought a couple of them.

PeteyBoy23

Nov 27, 2000
Let me reiterate (and please don't take this the wrong way) but I don't want to hear about ECS in general. I want to hear about this particular motherboard. Thanks guys.

SinfulWeeper

Diamond Member
Sep 2, 2000
I did not mean to put them down as a general use bad board. OC'ing is not impossible with them. But you NEED!!! an aftermarket BIOS, the stock one will NEVER!!! do it.
My personal reference is never to buy one again unless I am building a low cost computer for someone. A 50% failure rate bad out of the box is 100% unacceptable for good name standards. Would you want your customers to wait longer because of a bad brand new motherboard you bought?... or you not into that yet?
But I have one running right now for TA SoB :). Cranking out a decent 278000+/- for a OC'ed celery :).

---Edditted to add---

Cheap money for crunching is a good cause for TA :D:).