Anyone own Samsung ML-1710 printer?

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
How do you check status of your ink cartridge? The driver software has no feature of it whatsoever.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
The next time your toner runs out, weigh the cartridge. Then weigh a full toner cartridge. Subtract the weight of the empty catridge from the full one. That's the weight of the toner. When you want to find how much toner is left, weigh the cartridge and subtract that from the weight of the full cartridge. The difference is how much is used. Now divide the difference by the difference between empty and full and that's your remaining toner.

This is assuming the same mass of cartridge excepting toner, and density of toner.

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Howard
The next time your toner runs out, weigh the cartridge. Then weigh a full toner cartridge. Subtract the weight of the empty catridge from the full one. That's the weight of the toner. When you want to find how much toner is left, weigh the cartridge and subtract that from the weight of the full cartridge. The difference is how much is used. Now divide the difference by the difference between empty and full and that's your remaining toner.

This is assuming the same mass of cartridge excepting toner, and density of toner.

Thanks. But I thought this was 2004. What happened to technology? :confused:

Liviathan

Platinum Member
Feb 21, 2001
The printer is too cheap for that!

I got one also...got it like for $50 after rebates/coupon late last year.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: coldcut
Originally posted by: Howard

Thanks. But I thought this was 2004. What happened to technology? :confused:
Let me pull out one of my anal hairs and consult it.

"Ask again later"