Anyone own a Quiznos or Subway?

chickadee

May 3, 2004
As the title asks.. Does anybody hear by any huge long shot of a chance own a Quizno's or Subway Franchise? I'm trying to do a report for my MIS class on the business operations and a few other things, and in my attempt to just try talking to the owners of a few local establishments, they've all turned me away.

I'm just looking for someone that would be willing to take a few minutes and answer some things either on here or on AIM.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
hmm i seem to recall one or two people owned a quiznos and one looking at subway.

chickadee

May 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Scarpozzi
Does it have to be one of those franchises or what?

why, what kind do you own?

the purpose of the paper was to pick two operations off of a list (so i jsut selected the Subway and Quiznos to differ from the 100 kids that went with McD's and Wendys ) and then id need to know about process choices, layouts, service positioning, order winners/qualifiers, etc... And then create a process map using visio to demonstrate the companys operations from a business perspective :/ and then just answer some things like quality tools, hwo does the company do their forecasting and inventory management, and what sort of purchasing systems they have in place... just a bunch of random stuff that's easy enough to do.

ryan256

Platinum Member
Jul 22, 2005
If you're looking for someone to ask business questions try sending a PM to Azurik.

CTrain

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2001
Originally posted by: chickadee

the purpose of the paper was to pick two operations off of a list (so i jsut selected the Subway and Quiznos to differ from the 100 kids that went with McD's and Wendys ) and then id need to know about process choices, layouts, service positioning, order winners/qualifiers, etc... And then create a process map using visio to demonstrate the companys operations from a business perspective :/ and then just answer some things like quality tools, hwo does the company do their forecasting and inventory management, and what sort of purchasing systems they have in place... just a bunch of random stuff that's easy enough to do.

Too bad you didn't choose McDonalds cause I know everything there is to know about McDonalds.
A friend of mine is also a certified franchisee. He doesn't have his own yet but his parents own a bunch.

BTW, if Quiznos has to produce their own infomercials to attract people, you know it can't be good.

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Lots of asian indians in the NJ/NY/PA area own Subways and more recently going towards Quiznos too. A few of my friends own Subways, they arent ATOT'ers though...

gsethi

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2002
i own one of the Subway franchisees. PM me if you want.

EDIT: after reading the potential questions that you might have, I might not be able to give some of the information that you want due to confidentiality reasons.

best way to get hold of me is to PM me your Questions.

Duddy

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2002
Originally posted by: CTrain

Too bad you didn't choose McDonalds cause I know everything there is to know about McDonalds.
A friend of mine is also a certified franchisee. He doesn't have his own yet but his parents own a bunch.

BTW, if Quiznos has to produce their own infomercials to attract people, you know it can't be good.

My dad owns 2 McDonald's and I have access to all the corporate sites. I could pull some powerpoints and stuff from AccessMCD and email them to you. But then again, prolly not.

chickadee

May 3, 2004
Originally posted by: akshatp
Lots of asian indians in the NJ/NY/PA area own Subways and more recently going towards Quiznos too. A few of my friends own Subways, they arent ATOT'ers though...

any chance you think one of them would be willing to talk with me for a few minutes ;x ?

if they live in your area, i'll make the drive down the horrid pkwy ;x or on AIM or something.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
As the title asks.. Does anybody hear by any huge long shot of a chance own a Quizno's or Subway Franchise? I'm trying to do a report for my MIS class on the business operations and a few other things, and in my attempt to just try talking to the owners of a few local establishments, they've all turned me away.

I'm just looking for someone that would be willing to take a few minutes and answer some things either on here or on AIM.
I can't believe local establishment owners turned you away. Either you really didn't ask them and thought it would be easier to get some answers on a messageboard or the owners you spoke with are pricks.

T9D

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2001
There is a huge thread on those two fanchises somewhere on here not long ago. Probably give you everything you need to know. With lots of links too.

chickadee

May 3, 2004
Originally posted by: tk109
There is a huge thread on those two fanchises somewhere on here not long ago. Probably give you everything you need to know. With lots of links too.

do you by any chance know where the thread is? i tried searching but only came up on one thread talking about sandwhiches.

chickadee

May 3, 2004
Originally posted by: moshquerade

I can't believe local establishment owners turned you away. Either you really didn't ask them and thought it would be easier to get some answers on a messageboard or the owners you spoke with are pricks.

How would it be easier to wait days and delay my paper for someone to come with me then to sit down for twenty minutes with someone and get all the info right there?

Half the people I went to barely spoke english and I don't think they understood what I was asking and just said they couldn't help. and the other half just said they didn't have time/ weren't interested in helping out now but if i "come back in a few weeks".. only i dont have a few weeks :/ I tried lots of googling and came up with a website www.startupnation.com or something like that and a few people there were helpful.. then i figured AT i always helpful, why not try there?

chickadee

May 3, 2004
Originally posted by: gsethi

EDIT: after reading the potential questions that you might have, I might not be able to give some of the information that you want due to confidentiality reasons.

thanks. im at work right now so i dont have the list of questions, but i will PM you sometime tonight or tomorrow :) if you can't answer all of them/don't want to answer all of them - then don't, but any help is appreciated.

gsethi

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2002
Originally posted by: gsethi

thanks. im at work right now so i dont have the list of questions, but i will PM you sometime tonight or tomorrow :) if you can't answer all of them/don't want to answer all of them - then don't, but any help is appreciated.

I will answer whatever I can answer.

You have to understand that we are a franchise and thus cannot disclose everything. Just as any other business, everyone has their trade secrets ;)

EDIT: Also, I might not be able to respond to you the same day. It might take me a day (or two). I am kinda busy these days and dont get to sit infront of a computer at all times :(