Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
what's a procection tv? :confused:

oohhhhh you meant projection tv, my bad

;)

jacob0401

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2001
my friend has the infocus x1 dlp projector and it is quite nice for movies and console games

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Originally posted by: jacob0401
my friend has the infocus x1 dlp projector and it is quite nice for movies and console games

It's quite affordable............. $1500 for the whole setup (projector & screen and other misc things) :D

Cheers,
Aquaman

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: jacob0401

I watched the Colts/Chiefs game on an X1 in high definition. It does a very good job in HD

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Aquaman
If only I could find some theatre seats :D

Cheers,
Aquaman

Buy some Berklines...we sell them in the store and they're becoming quite popular. I myself sold a pair last week, for $3300 total, and man are they nice.

As for the projectors...we carry Runcos in a DLP projector, with the CL710 and VX1000...now THOSE are amazing projectors. And they're shooting onto a 110" and 123" motorized Stewart Cinema-series screen. teh hotness.

And personally, I'll be buying a projector in the next few weeks...don't know if I'm going with the Sony HS20 or an older used one...don't know if the extra 1000-1500 justifies the jump in image quality. But being around these projectors all day, I can't imagine having one that isn't natively capable of 720p. hmph.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Just got a Sony LCD RPTV...not the same thing but similar I guess? Can't wait for HD service to start this coming Friday!

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
I came "this close" to buying the Infocus Z1... But I just didn't want to deal with having to be in complete control of the ambient lighting.

Someday I'll dedicate a room in my house to a HT and then I'll probably get one. :)

v3rrv3

Golden Member
May 26, 2002
Originally posted by: uncJIGGA
Just got a Sony LCD RPTV...not the same thing but similar I guess? Can't wait for HD service to start this coming Friday!

Circuit City has a 70" Sony LCD Projection TV, omg! So big!!! I almost creamed myself

- Kevin

Apex

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
www.gotapex.com
I had a DLP (Dell 3200MP), but switched. Using LCOS/DILA now. Dukane ImagePro 9017, the JVC DLA-SX21u clone. 1400x1050 native res. :)

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: v3rrv3
Circuit City has a 70" Sony LCD Projection TV, omg! So big!!! I almost creamed myself
I saw that at Fry's a couple of weeks ago... Amazing TV.

777php

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2001
Liquid Crystal over silicone, no clue what DILA means. I just saw the new Philips LCOS set at Good Guys and it has an amazing picture, I think that I will recommend it for my parents to buy. It is very comparative to the Samsung DLP's.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: 777php
Liquid Crystal over silicone, no clue what DILA means. I just saw the new Philips LCOS set at Good Guys and it has an amazing picture, I think that I will recommend it for my parents to buy. It is very comparative to the Samsung DLP's.
Folks at Tweeter and other stores have told us to "STAY AWAY" from the Philips LCoS TVs. One manager said they had returns on half of all the TVs they sold and then recalled them back in November and sent them back to Philips. Hopefully they've fixed whatever the issue was, but the salesman's general advice was to be wary of 1st-generation LCoS displays. Don't know if this applies to projectors also.

Apex

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
www.gotapex.com
Originally posted by: uncJIGGA
Originally posted by: 777php
Folks at Tweeter and other stores have told us to "STAY AWAY" from the Philips LCoS TVs. One manager said they had returns on half of all the TVs they sold and then recalled them back in November and sent them back to Philips. Hopefully they've fixed whatever the issue was, but the salesman's general advice was to be wary of 1st-generation LCoS displays. Don't know if this applies to projectors also.

Yeah, the Philips sets have had lots of problems. The Toshiba sets have as well. In fact, they didn't even bother to release their LCOS sets for this year, the 57HL83 and 65HL83. The front projection sets are another matter completely. Front projection have all been fine.