Anyone notice anything strange about Google today?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: eskimospy
I don't care in the slightest. As far as I'm aware there is no Yom Kippur picture on google, nor is there a Ramadan picture. I DO think that a bunch of Christians are now going to take this as a sign that Christianity is Terribly Oppressed in the US and that this is just another sign of how horribly abused they are.

There actually was an eid picture two Ramadans ago

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: b0mbrman
Originally posted by: eskimospy
I don't care in the slightest. As far as I'm aware there is no Yom Kippur picture on google, nor is there a Ramadan picture. I DO think that a bunch of Christians are now going to take this as a sign that Christianity is Terribly Oppressed in the US and that this is just another sign of how horribly abused they are.

There actually was an eid picture two Ramadans ago

I assume you mean "IED picture."

imported_Baloo

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2006
Originally posted by: brandonb
Originally posted by: Baloo
Easter originated as a pagen Holiday. To this day, we celebrate in the pagan way.

Thats what they say about Christmas, and every other Christian Holiday too. This is the new Atheiest method to denounce Christianity. It gets old.

WTF! No. It's about truth. What we call Christmass was at one time known as Winter fest, or some variation of that term with similar meaning throughout Europe. I know of some churches that still use the term Winter Fest for Holiday activities during christmas. If you want to say it's about denouncing christianity, you have to consider that it was first about denouncing paganism. But since it is silly to say it's about denouncing christianity, I'll say it's about accurately sharing history.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: GodlessAstronomer
Originally posted by: dahunan
Google is very controlling of their data..

Here is a quick story I brought up a long time ago.. Abu-Graib pictures.. in Google Images...... If you searched from an IP in the USA.. your hits only consisted of PRE-Scandal.. no troops.. only Saddam there.. BUT... if you changed your ip to one outside the US .. all the gross images were there.. hmmm ... just some random accident?

Preferences -> SafeSearch Filtering -> Do not filter my search results -> Save Preferences

Shh.... it's a conspiracy ;)

Nice try.. why did the same setting work outside the USA but they didn't work inside USA